Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2007 VW EOS 3.2 V6 DSG
20 Posts
Ok so a quick update.
And it's good news, took the car back to garage Monday night for then to check Tuesday, they took the pipes of drained the car and refilled, test drove it and still the same thing. So Wednesday they took the T stat out replaced that with another new one and refilled again. Success the gauge now warms up to the middle within a couple of miles and hot air blowing within a few hundred yards.
It was all down to a faulty new stat.
Thank you guys for helping diagnose the problem and messaging with what it could possibly have been.
Wishing you all a merry Christmas. (y)
If I had seen this post earlier I would have pointed you in that direction. I bought an 05 R52 Mini Cooper S that would not come up to temperature and I discovered an operational thermostat that had been fitted (vis-a-vis the gasket) incorrectly and water was simply getting past the thermostat all the time. Easy fix in the end.

Cheers

Catweazle

· Registered
3 Posts
As title states I was having trouble with the car not warming up to optimum,Temp gauge barely getting to 50 and warm air from heater.
So had thermostat replaced car temp now gets up to just over 50-60° while I'm driving. If I stop and let the car idle for 5-10 minutes temperature reaches 90 and stays there until I'm moving again, then slowly drops back down. Heater temp goes up with temp gauge.
Just wondered if anyone has any ideas as what could cause this.
Just in case anyone asks car is a 2007 2.0l Fsi.
Thanks
sound like a bad fan or system has air

· Registered
8,834 Posts
I covered most of it in post #2 when the OP gave not a lot of info to cover several cooling fault scenarios. In his case the workshop either didn't change the stat as he was told, the new stat they put in was bad, or he went back smarter and they used vacuum filling to fill the cooling system correctly as per V.W workshop procedure. If you skim through this thread on a mobile phone you won't get the detail, but it's all there.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts