Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pulled the trigger and bought my wife (and myself I guess) one of these tonight. Here was my deal:

Herman Cook VW - Encinitas, CA
Silver w/ Black Leather
2.0T
Luxury Pkg
Park Assist

Got it for $400 over invoice so I think I got a pretty good deal from what I've read on other web sites on buying experiences.

I wish they'd offer the brushed aluminum instead of the "wood" on the luxury package. There are so many other chrome/aluminum accents inside the car I just think the sport package has a better feel/fit. FYI - we didn't get the sport package because the car rode a little more on the rough side with the stiffer shocks and the seats were a little too firm. I'm sure the 18's added to the bumpier ride, although they do look clean on the Eos! Function over fashion with the luxury pkg 17's.

The normal upgraded stereo with the luxury package is sufficient so we couldn't see spending another grand on the Dynaudio. And we thought our handy $15 Thomas Guide would get us to where we needed to go, rather than paying $1800 for nav. But I was almost sold on it due to it looking much cleaner than the normal stereo.

Bottom line is this is a sweet car. Can't wait for the weekend to go topless down the coast.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you will enjoy it.
NICE DEAL! The dealers are getting full sticker here. It was hard to get them to throw in the clear plastic protection for the front end and get full trade in value on the trade. they say there is 1600 markup on it, maybe on a stripped model before kickbacks. Dealers just p me off!

PS. My big sis lives in Carlsbad!

·
1,129 Posts
Echoing the others sentiments, welcome to the club. I hope you enjoy your new purchase to the same extent as everyone here:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts