Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening
I newly got VW EOS 2012
I checked the Firmware Version of its NRS 510 and it is 3970 (I think it is very old).
So I have two question:
1. How can I upgrade the SW version? is it safe to do so?
2. Is there any Android Auto device that you already tried with the NRS 510 and you would recommend to use it?
thanks a lot
Product Audio equipment Gadget Font Audio receiver

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
When anybody asks about firmware upgrading I always ask the question: What is it you expect to get extra if you are lucky enough to do it correctly without bricking the item? If it's working running the maps, don't do it unless you can find a good reason or any extra features it might give or compatibility with a recent map package and its updates.

Many of us that have gone through PC, router and games console 'upgrades' and know the risks. Doing it doesn't always give a better outcome and can be worse! If your NRS 510 is OE original you won't fall into the trap, but for others, if it's a Chinese clone lookalike, there probably won't be any firmware and if you try something that isn't correct you could bring a lot of grief.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When anybody asks about firmware upgrading I always ask the question: What is it you expect to get extra if you are lucky enough to do it correctly without bricking the item? If it's working running the maps, don't do it unless you can find a good reason or any extra features it might give or compatibility with a recent map package and its updates.

Many of us that have gone through PC, router and games console 'upgrades' and know the risks. Doing it doesn't always give a better outcome and can be worse! If your NRS 510 is OE original you won't fall into the trap, but for others, if it's a Chinese clone lookalike, there probably won't be any firmware and if you try something that isn't correct you could bring a lot of grief.
That's great reply, thanks.
Honestly there is no real reason, I just think it would have better interface (somehow) and maybe there is some new features.
Any way, can you advice me with an "Android Auto" device to add it easily and safely to my car?
thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts