Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested to hear of number plates that have been bought relating to the EOS.

Mine is V9 EOS which I managed to buy on the internet when I got the car in September 06.

I bought it for 399.00 which I didn't think was bad. It's amazing how many people double take to look at, especialy with the car being so rare in my town.

I also as an added feature had the car description put under the plate on the back and on the front "EOS - Goddess of the dawn her tears are the morning Dew" which I looked up on the internet (maybe a little sad I know).

Makes the car individual instead of the boring 56 plate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd love an eos plate but i already have another one so can't justify it! it does look brilliant having 'eos' on your plate though! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Almost got V6 EOS but decided on the 2ltr turbo with all the toys as it was available. Instead, saved a fortune on the plate (it's gone from DVLA now) and got MI5 and my initials for £250! As I work for the Home Office I get sideways looks when I'm in uniform....especially as where the car dealers name is usually on the plate it has Spooks.......now let me see, where is the ejector seat........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my number plate K15 EOS, before I bought the car, so my husband had to give in and buy me the car!!! Bought it for £250.00 from DVLA, got a quote about selling it for £500. BARGAIN!! But sadly not selling it as it looks absolutely gorgeous on the car.:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got P20 EOS, p for my name and 20 for 2 litre (a bit sad but what the)

Paul

·
Registered
104 Posts
The DVLA website has just made me very happy. MY 07 EOS. £3599. Made me very happy.

Laura

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think VW have made the dvla very happy

Paul

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow, not sure what "number plates" are, but sound like license plates here in the U.S. Are they like personal plates issued by the goverment? Here we have personalized plates for about $35 per year. The plates on my Eos, issued by the state of Colorado, state that I am a Viet Nam Vet and cost a one time fee of $25. I got them because they are blue and match the color of my Eos, Eismeer Blue. Steve

·
Registered
82 Posts
The DVLA website has just made me very happy. MY 07 EOS. £3599. Made me very happy.

Laura
3599 pounds? (I don't know how to make the symbol with my keyboard). Does this mean other people can buy the plate from you? Sounds like a huge profit.

Here in Canada you can buy a personalized plate for a $185 one time fee, and then the standard annual registration fee. We can have up to 7 characters including numbers and letters.

·
Registered
683 Posts
3599 pounds? (I don't know how to make the symbol with my keyboard). Does this mean other people can buy the plate from you? Sounds like a huge profit.

Here in Canada you can buy a personalized plate for a $185 one time fee, and then the standard annual registration fee. We can have up to 7 characters including numbers and letters.
Hi Hugh,
$200 here in Ontario and up to eight letters now. I picked "SKULEFAL" a few years back for a couple of reasons:
1.) I live in a converted schoolhouse
2.) took Engineering at University of Toronto .. nickname for faculty was "skule"
3.) my initials are FAL
Since license goes with owner not car in Canada, would rather have personal ID not car ID on plate. Hope you are still enjoying your car. We are getting 20+ weather, great for "top down EDA's"

·
Registered
341 Posts
talking of number plates DVLA have now made it a pain to transfer
where as before it could be done on the day over the counter now takes up to 5 weeks to sort out
they are pretty quick to take your money and fine you for forgetting to tax your car for a week but drag their feet on this :mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
where as before it could be done on the day over the counter now takes up to 5 weeks to sort out
they are pretty quick to take your money and fine you for forgetting to tax your car for a week but drag their feet on this :mad:
Not my experience, when we bought my Wife's Polo, we drove in, did the paperwork, drove out less than an hour later on the same plate (got a photo somewhere of the cars together). Perhaps DIY is more difficult?

Cheers,
Pete.

btw, when I bought my EOS two months ago there were loads of xx###EOS plates from £180; I decided to go for N400 PJT (my initials) for the same money and transfer it on to my Aston Martin when I win the lottery. :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not my experience, when we bought my Wife's Polo, we drove in, did the paperwork, drove out less than an hour later on the same plate (got a photo somewhere of the cars together). Perhaps DIY is more difficult?

Cheers,
Pete.
agree it 'used' to be that easy i have done it myself before but has changed in the last 18 months

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts

Laura

Sounds an awful lot of money and must say it would make me very unhappy parting with that amount!

There was a wise guy on the VW/Audi Forum who bought several 'EOS' numbers and was flogging them off for about £2500. I accused him of being greedy because I figured he'd only paid the DVLA £499 for them (also because there was none left for genuine buyers like me as he'd nicked them all to line his own pocket).... no wonder he was a bit indignant!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the car first with the 07 plates then took doc's into local office and did it there and then took about 15 mins. If you have garage do it when you buy new takes ages - Learn't my lesson after Hubby's car took for ever!

·
Registered
52 Posts
kids plates in cali

i have had my personalized plates for years. they have gone from car to car. first a honda civic, then honda accord, then my jetta and next my bug and now my eos. everyone knows my plates. they are the kids plates cali has where some of the registration goes to childrens programs in this state. there are 4 symbols a:D s well as your numbers and letters to choose from. they are a very popular plate here. i truley love this way to personalize peoples cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
kids plates in cali

i have had my personalized plates for years. they have gone from car to car. first a honda civic, then honda accord, then my jetta and next my bug and now my eos. everyone knows my plates. they are the kids plates cali has where some of the registration goes to childrens programs in this state. there are 4 symbols a:D s well as your numbers and letters to choose from. they are a very popular plate here. i truley love this way to personalize peoples cars.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts