Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gary
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just purchased an EOS 2.0 TDI 2007 and can find my way round all the buttons and switches (so far) except for the -
OK/Reset button on windscreen wiper stalk.
Can someone please let me know what this is for.
Thanks very much
Gary

·
Registered
712 Posts
That's for the display in the middle of the dashboard. When displaying figures such as fuel economy, you'll notice a small 1 or 2 on the display. Pressing the OK/Reset button briefly will toggle between counter 1 (trip figure, which resets every time the car has been left alone for two hours) and counter 2 (long-term, which resets when you tell it to or when the battery is disconnected). Holding the OK/Reset button will reset the counter that's currently shown.

I'm assuming you've already discovered that the up/down buttons on the end of the wiper stalk cycle through what's shown on the display. :)

·
Gary
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No manual

Have a look in the top of the glovebox. There should be a tray with an expensive and useful manual there.:confused:
Thanks, did that - and in boot. No owners manual anywhere and, so far, it's really hard to find one that doesn't mean I have to sell my wife and kids & remortgage the house.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Shame because there are things in there that are more specific to an EOS year than in general information. There's a 2007 on Fleabay for £27.99. I'd grab it quick. :) ... and keep the glove box locked when parked with top down!

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Gary
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, thank you and thank you.

I clicked on the link and managed to download a copy.
Thank you very much.:)

·
Gary
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An Additional note...about the manual.

*** I found my manual ***
I didn't read a previous comment properly, doh!
but I downloaded a copy of a manual for a different year as a guide and in there it said to look in the glove compartment at the top. There is a specific place for a manual (hard to spot if you were only having a quick glance) but mine was there. Yaay.
So thanks to everyone, and I hope this helps others too.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
........but I downloaded a copy of a manual for a different year as a guide
Yes you have to be careful with downloads because important diagrams like fusebox layouts change with the original buying spec. and by month of production. The original manual in the tray should be the closest, but it still isn't perfect for fuse layouts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That manual shelf is an amazing hiding place. I had the same experience as you. I had to download the electronic manual to find out where the paper manual was!

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
The perps know where to find it when the top is down and the glovebox is left unlocked. They come up on Fleabay for about £25. Not bad for a 3 second snatch. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts