Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 2007 EOS with leather heated and electric lumbar support seats. The drivers side heated seat and lumbar support work fine but the passenger side does not regardless of the switch on the dash position (0 -5). however the lumbar support does work ok.

So far I've tested the fuse and checked the earth points which have been cleaned and are OK. There seems to be a number of looms under the chair how ever not sure which one does which (heater, lumber or seat occupancy) Has anyone any test documents or procedures. I was thinking testing the dash switch and then the wiring loom under the seat

Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heated seat not working

Hi,

I have an 2007 EOS with leather heated and electric lumbar support seats. The drivers side heated seat and lumbar support work fine but the passenger side does not regardless of the switch on the dash position (0 -5). however the lumbar support does work ok.

So far I've tested the fuse and checked the earth points which have been cleaned and are OK. There seems to be a number of looms under the chair how ever not sure which one does which (heater, lumber or seat occupancy) Has anyone any test documents or procedures. I was thinking testing the dash switch and then the wiring loom under the seat

Regards
I have the same problem, but on the drivers side. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Don't start at the dash. Start with the seat. If you have no wiring diagram, a multimeter and a good seat to compare you are in with a chance. Disconnect all the connectors. The seat heater pair will have a low resistance which I guess about 2.5 ohm. Using your resistance meter you can probably work out which wires are grounds. German vehicles often use Brown for battery negative. Then on the good seat you need to find the second wire which measures not short but around 2.5 ohms. Those will be your seat heater pair. Now go and check the bad seat. If you get 2.5 ohms your seat heating element is o.k. Your next step is to see if you measure dc voltage on the corresponding pair from the loom. If you get voltage on the good side but not the bad side you know you are looking for an upstream fault and the seats are o.k.

I don't know if seat heating is covered by diagnostics. That might save some work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I have the same problem, on the passenger seat (2007 Eos)
is it repairable easily or should I go the an authorised VW service?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
If you can understand the thread then you can work it out for yourself. If you can't understand or know how to use an ohmeter, then let the dealer do it.

The only cheap DIY fault find jobs like this on VWs are those where you understand what you are doing, have the tools to do the work and sufficient information and skills.

·
Registered
9 Posts
exact the same problem at me, passenger seat doesn't work only the lumbar part. Can be repaired easily or costs me much ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts