Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.
Thank you all for being so kind and helping me out with all the questions I had. I just bought a 09 Eos from Auction and it seems to be operating just fine! There are some issues with the top which I will get fixed.
Given that I brought it from an auction. The main problem I am facing is that the inside of the car is wrecked!. Seems like everything is missing starting from the visor to the passenger door panel!
It seems like I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know where Can i get it. I am looking for the interior passenger side door trim. The whole trim of the door is missing with the body being exposed! I have a beige interior.

Thank you in advance!

·
Life is good... so far
1,043 Posts
If you have that many missing parts, start searching for junk yards that might have some Eos, start checking want ads for someone parting one out, or look on Ebay. Buying all the missing parts from a VW will get really expensive, really quick. I hope you got the car really cheap. Restoring it will get expensive. If you use the link I gave you previously, you can use that on line parts catalog to look up part numbers and some prices. You will need the part numbers to look up what you need.

Reactions: Adatee017

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello.
Thank you all for being so kind and helping me out with all the questions I had. I just bought a 09 Eos from Auction and it seems to be operating just fine! There are some issues with the top which I will get fixed.
Given that I brought it from an auction. The main problem I am facing is that the inside of the car is wrecked!. Seems like everything is missing starting from the visor to the passenger door panel!
It seems like I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know where Can i get it. I am looking for the interior passenger side door trim. The whole trim of the door is missing with the body being exposed! I have a beige interior.

Thank you in advance!
I just bought a 2011 eos a few months ago and love it . Have had a few issues with leatherette cover on door panels (both sides ) shrinking and coming out of upper moulding . I pulled it up and glued it in place but still comes out,( due to heat, I think.) A lot of Jetta parts will work on these as it based on Jetta platform so I visit the junkyards a lot for little things. Eos's are kind of rare so hard to find them locally in salvage yard. My top squeaked but used a soft wax on all seals, put top half down to access all rubber contact points. V W sells stuff to keep rubber lubed but soft wax seems to work just as well and a lot cheaper and stopped all noises.

·
Registered
843 Posts
@jackie You're the only person on here who has tried out soft wax on the seals. It'll be interesting to hear how you get on with that. Most people on here use Krytox (the stuff VW sell you), with Gummi Pflege (a German product, currently sold by Nextzett) coming second and with those who use Krytox sometimes using it as a top-up.

The important thing is that you don't use a silicone-based product on the roof seals - and you got that right.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
There are some parts of the ageing plastic interior trim that dry out their plasticisers and sqeak so persistently when they rub together (console to doors) that I've either adjusted the trim or covers to leave a gap or added a thin strip of self adhesive backed foam rubber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts