Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Picked up my 18 month old individual last week - stunning car, low milage, Sat Nav, convenience pack. Put some private plates on it and it looks almost brand new. Only problem - it has a leak - two days after picking it up it rained and the fabric next to the drivers side rear window was soaking wet with a small amount of water on the side roof bar cover.

Took it back in on Friday to have the seals lubricated and last night it rained & it was worse! This time there was a few drops on the passenger side too.

I'll have it back at the dealers this week to see what they do - good adivice from this forum, I'll be mentioning the drains & also the quality of their lubrication work (most of it was on the paintwork & the leather!).

I hope I can get this sorted! Ive wanted an eos since they first came out.

· Registered
24 Posts
Leaks

Good luck I hope you get it sorted. Mine has leaked for the past 8 months - has been in and out of the dealers 5 times and to 3 separate dealers and still leaks. Have given up on it and am getting rid of it. As much as I love the car it is not worth the hassle.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im pretty optimistic at the moment, the car doesn't have any evidence of an ongoing damp problem - no smell, water marks etc. So Im hoping they will be able to sort it.

· Registered
1 Posts
If its the rubber seals which are causing the problem try mentioning part number G 052 172.A1. This is a weatherstrip lubricant which could just work

Let us know how you get on
If you dont have any luck how much do you want for the car:D

ps I think the lube is very expensive so make sure they dont charge you

· Former Focus CC3 owner!
632 Posts
Don't give up yet!

VW ended up having my car for a few months at the beginning of this year/end of last year and eventually the leaks were fixed, new seals put in, fully lubricated, new carpets throughout AND a compensation package.

I've been dealt a bad hand by the dealers I've visited but finally by about next week I should be completely happy with my car for the first time in a long time. I think you should just wait it out, get onto the dealers and demand a fix is found immediately and you should find that they bend over backwards for you.

p.s. When I was up by the Lakes last month I noticed a lovely Eos (roof down!) belonging to someone who had the numberplate Koji....it's not you is it? :p

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went into the dealers today with the towel I've had wedged in the side window and very politely slapped it down on the service managers desk (it was soaking wet!!)

It seems to have had the desired effect. They immediately took the car back in and said they would keep it until they got it sorted - hopefully this won't be months. Im now driving a brand new touran as a courtesy car - its like being a bus driver, but at least its decent if Im to have it a while.

This is the 6th car Ive bought from this dealer and I know them pretty well so I dont have any worries about the quality of service I'll recieve. They have a good reputation.

I'll keep the forum updated on how I get on.

DG. I've been following your story for a while & Im pleased you finally got sorted - It wasn't me you saw either, but next time your up here on a sunny day it might be, Im looking forward to getting into the lakes this summer.:)

Andy. Sorry mate - the cars not for sale - not yet anyway!!!!!:D

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Simon,

Ive been following this forum since before I bought the car and reading your advice on other posts I made sure they lubed the seals before I picked it up. I also made sure I got a pot of lubricant so that I can keep up the seal maintainance.

Just got the car back - it seems it was a blocked drain tube, hopefully thats it sorted - theres plenty of rain forecast this week so it will get a good test.

On the bright side one advantage of having your car in the workshop is that you really appreciate it when you get it back. I took the long road back from the dealers, down all the country lanes - great!

Thanks everyone for the support:)

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Overnight in west cumbria - heavy rain & strong blustery winds.

This morning in the eos - Bone Dry !

Yipeee!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.