Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Baylee
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking all over the internet so I decided to stop here for some possible answers too.
I have a 2007 VW EOS 4 cyl 2.0 (BPY)
I just had my tensioner break and kill the engine head so that was replaced along with the timing belt, chain, and tensioner.
this is my second day driving the thing and today I get on the interstate, try to accelerate, get a rough shift followed by what sounds like air (almost like a popped tire or someone letting air out of a balloon)
I get home okay, nothing else seemed wrong except I could hear a light whistle (not like a belt, a lot less noticeable) when I accelerate.
So I realize I need to go back out, start the car, drive halfway up my hill (big hill) and have very bad acceleration and a check engine light reading
P0101 - Mass or volume air flow a circuit range / performance.

Is my car just in limp mode from a bad mass air flow sensor? Do I have a hose leak? Turbo bad?? please help :( I am supposed to drive this car 1000 miles in 3 days.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
That is a very common fault after a major head repair as they haven't secured the intercooler pipe correctly IMHO.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good to hear a quick fix. Sorry about the extensive work recently Bayleek, no doubt that was a pricey job, but good to hear it should be otherwise fine when correctly attaching the pipe.

·
Baylee
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all! I actually posted on FB too, it was the intercooler hose not connected. And yes it was pricey to buy the parts, but luckily my dad could do all of the work! Hopefully this is the last thing that will need done, fingers crossed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts