Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 Eos 2.0T DSG it only has 12k miles on it. I've noticed when I'm sitting still in gear I feel and hear a very low purring or buffeting soft vibration that kind of has a soft clicking to it; it goes away when the car begins to move or is taken out of gear. Also, where is the dipstick for the tranny fluid or does the transmission have a dope in it similar to a manual?

·
Super Moderator
2,391 Posts
I recently purchased a 2008 Eos 2.0T DSG it only has 12k miles on it. I've noticed when I'm sitting still in gear I feel and hear a very low purring or buffeting soft vibration that kind of has a soft clicking to it; it goes away when the car begins to move or is taken out of gear. Also, where is the dipstick for the tranny fluid or does the transmission have a dope in it similar to a manual?

This is not normal - I would "hot-foot" it to your local VW dealer and get their technical people to check it out. Could be a clutch engagement/disengagement problem.

Might not be anything serious but make sure they note the check on your car's service history "just in case" you have problems in the future.

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,256 Posts
This is not normal - I would "hot-foot" it to your local VW dealer and get their technical people to check it out. Could be a clutch engagement/disengagement problem.

Might not be anything serious but make sure they note the check on your car's service history "just in case" you have problems in the future.
Could it be as simple as "feeling" the air-con compressor when at idle?

·
Super Moderator
2,391 Posts
......................... it goes away when the car begins to move or is taken out of gear. ...................................

This is the clue; the A/c compressor will cycle regardless of whether the car is in gear or in neutral and this cycling has not been mentioned.

The fact that the noise goes when either the car moves or placed in neutral is consistent with a clutch problem IMHO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Recently talked to a Volkswagen mechanic, he told me the purring I hear and feel in the brake petal could be backpressure from the turbo while idoling. Still gonna take it by the dealer but I'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: went to the dealer today. Maintenance guy test drove it with me, told me the purring feeling and slight noise I hear is what they call "backboost" or back pressure from the turbo charger. I was told it's normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts