Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on my 2008 v/w EOS. The power steering went out. It was working fine I went into Walmart for 1/2 hour when I came out I had no power steering. The engine fuse box has a missing relay (the one in the front of fuse box) The owners manual says that is for power steering, is it possible someone took it out while I was shopping? Does anyone know of a v/w repair garage in Sebring, FL 33872. If the missing relay is the problem, where is the best place to get one???

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I need help on my 2008 v/w EOS. The power steering went out. It was working fine I went into Walmart for 1/2 hour when I came out I had no power steering. The engine fuse box has a missing relay (the one in the front of fuse box) The owners manual says that is for power steering, is it possible someone took it out while I was shopping? Does anyone know of a v/w repair garage in Sebring, FL 33872. If the missing relay is the problem, where is the best place to get one???

I can’t imagine someone would break into your car just to Nick your PAS module, get a VCDS scan done and that will point you in the right direction.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Sounds rather incredible if a perp. got that far into a locked car because they might as well just drive off in it?

If a serious power steering problem was to occur, there would be a dash warning and nothing was said about that?

If the OP doesn't know much about these cars and thinks buying an important part from a shop is a quick fix, they should think again. If one relay was stolen, maybe they stole another or cut some wires. Perhaps somebody is trying to kill the driver? I'd report my suspicions to local law enforcement and see what they say. Next time it could be the braking system relays. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts