Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my 2007 EOS only in the summer. I parked last summer under a car shelter during the cold Canadian winter.
This summer, put the battery in, started great, but then when I put reverse and pushed the peddle, noise came out like something is seized and the car stopped going back, revved up, and the PRNDS started blinking!
If I turn the car off, then turn it on, all good. Put the gear on D or R and push the peddle, the same problem re occurred. I tried lighter push on the gas peddle and I was able to drive back and forth on very low speeds.
Before parking the car last year, there was no issue what so ever!
Any idea? Would transmission fluid change fix this?
Note: I thought the breaks were seized causing this, yet when I put the gear on N, I was able to roll the car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Its a very common issue....normally the conclusion is, you need a mechatronics unit which sell for about 2000 (I think the prices have come down a bit recently though?)

Its worth trying a fluid change because the mechatronics is expensive!

Also, of course, actually get the tranny scanned for codes.....you never know, you might be lucky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Got it fixed very simply actually. It turned out that the spring on the brake booster is not returning the brake pedal back all the way. Engaging the shift to move the car pressing on the brakes to move the shifter, then trying to press the gas pedal sends a message to the computer that the car in drive mode yet not moving so computer disengages the transmission to protect it and throws a code.
I also found out that if I put my foot below the brake pedal and pushed up, the car moves with no problem.

Found this link, applied today, and my car is crusing like a charm.
Total fixing cost, $6
Thank you for your quick reply anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts