Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....
I have an ‘08 Aus spec 2.0 with rain sensing wipers.

just wondering if anyone has been able to activate “rain closing” at all..?

cheers
Dave

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I added the RLS sensor to my stock screen. I have some issues with the wiper sensing and have a genuine V.W RLS module to try, but the rain closing works o.k. However, it only closes the windows and sunroof NOT an open roof. From memory there's some adaptation to do with vcds to enable rain sensing under convenience options. If your wipers are still working in standard intermittent timer mode, the RLS isn't active.

I test the windows and sunroof by opening them and locking the car. Then I pour water over the screen just forwards of the rearview where the sensor is located. After about 30 seconds, all windows and sunroof close.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added the RLS sensor to my stock screen. I have some issues with the wiper sensing and have a genuine V.W RLS module to try, but the rain closing works o.k. However, it only closes the windows and sunroof NOT an open roof. From memory there's some adaptation to do with vcds to enable rain sensing under convenience options. If your wipers are still working in standard intermittent timer mode, the RLS isn't active.

I test the windows and sunroof by opening them and locking the car. Then I pour water over the screen just forwards of the rearview where the sensor is located. After about 30 seconds, all windows and sunroof close.
Thanks for that Vox.....my wipers work fine with rain sensing....just not sure what to adjust with vcds... I’ll have another look....cheers..

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
It's a while since I did it so can't be more precise. But I do remember the RLS doesn't have its own module in the list, it's linked to something else with a sub menu for setting the daylight sensitivity and rain trigger points. Look in Central Electronics? Search Google for vcds rain sensing and there are several posts about it.

It is a VERY complex piece of kit and I'm surprised it works at all. In fact, it's so special it's supposed to match different versions of V.W tinted screens for which there are a bunch of options to choose from and code. Scan and capture your existing long coding before changing anything.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now done and working.....happy now....lol.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts