Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

rattles and creeks

8K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Lopaka 
#1 ·
Hi Folks

As much as I love my EOS, i have expereinced leaks now repaired. Currently the car rattles and creeks badly!!! I've never had this with a convertible. have others had to deal with it? I have had the car since April and the creeking has worsened.

#2 ·
#3 ·
I am presuming your other convertables have been soft tops. It's the hard tops that appear to be most prone to rattles and squeaks. The Eos is such a nice car to drive that I and most others just accept it as normal now and put up with its little foibles.
Some of the squeaks can be eliminated by lubricating the seals around the roof (at least make them less obvious). If you have not already either done this yourself or your dealer has not done this correctly that could be part of your problem. Try doing the seals again it won't hurt.

HTH

#4 ·
I sit firmly in the 'what do you expect - it's not a fixed roof' crowd when it comes to measuring expectations from the car.

It often lets off a few creaks and groans when I first set off (my driveway is on an incline), and there's a right off camber turn I make for my daily commute to work which sets off a loud creak behind the drivers seat.

Do I care?

:cool:

#5 ·
Must admit the rattles and creeks in my Eos aren't anything to do with the roof!

There is a creaking which I've established is the plastic rubbing between the dashboard and the driver door, the passenger seat creaks at left shoulder level and the driver door window sort of groans abit when it goes down.

Any ideas?:confused:

#6 ·
Mine has suddenly stated doing that creaking thing really loudly between the dash and drivers door, especially when the heater is on. Glad its not just me, going in for some warranty work this week so will ask them to check it.
David

#7 ·
I have the same issue with my drivers door and dashboard - it looks like the door panel sits a little bit away from the underlying door frame. All I have to do when it rubs is push the door panel away from the dash and it stops - something for when I get around to taking it back. I'm tempted to put some kind of lubrication there but I know that's only masking the issue.

#8 ·
Can't speak for the plastic trim, but creaks on the CSC roof are quite usual and there isn't much you can do about them... It is quite a precision mechanism and slight road bumps/holes will cause torsion in the mechanism..

I just put up with mine.... If ou compare it to driving the car as a while, it's just something to put up with like creaking dashes on other cars!

#9 ·
Rattles and creaks

My Eos has just developed a rattle from the boot on bumpy roads that sounds just like a couple of plastic coat-hangers loose in the boot. Strange. Will have to do some investigating. Anyone any ideas what it might be?

#10 ·
I think it comes from the top of the C Section (rear windscreen)... I haven't found what it is, although I doubt it is the mechanism itself.. It is very likely some kind of loom clip bashing on part of the hydraulic tubing (as these have metal casings at some points)... I will let you know if I find anything further... This is a common sound and nothing to worry about (assuming it is the same sound I have)....

#16 ·
My Dash Board Rattles are solved

I found that I had rattles and squeaks emanating from the drivers side and passenger side of the dashboard which was exacerbated when the heater was on. :mad: These rattles and squeaks were never evident on the demostrator that I drove. Window tinting is one of the most popular accessories in Australia due to the hot summers. During the tinting process the door trims are removed to allow for the application of the window tint. The door trims are then refitted and the end of the process. The dealership found that on my Eos the door trims weren't fitted correctly after the tint application. Apparently this is an easy mistake to make.:confused: After a trip to the dealship the door trims were correctly fitted and I am happy to report now that my dashboard is totally rattle / squeak free! :cool: :D

#17 ·
Creeks

Aloha All,
My drivers door was creeking. Sprayed door hing down with WD40, let the car sit in the hot sun all day, and poof!, no more creeking!
My roof has been quiet so far, but I listen to the stereo on the loud side. If the creeking gets bad, just turn the radio up, that's what I did with my last car. Hee Hee.
Lopaka:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.