Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MY07 base, and would like to replace the rear console with the armrest one. Has anyone done this? From other conversations about this it would seem most people want the w/o armrest. I have found several on eBay in the USA, mostly beige, but vw parts breakdowns seem to make it seem doable. I don’t need the cd changer, but would like a place to put the phone when connected to the aftermarket radio.

If only a local pick a part had an eos. I’m assuming the mk5 Jetta and Golf would need modification to accommodate the roof switch.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
No, but I have taken my rear console out to replace the handbrake gaiter. It’s not an especially tricky job, and you should find that the armrest and non-armrest versions are interchangeable.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
203 Posts
No, but I have taken my rear console out to replace the handbrake gaiter. It’s not an especially tricky job, and you should find that the armrest and non-armrest versions are interchangeable.
Why did you remove the console to remove the hand brake cover? There is a small tab under the grip that you lift up and the whole assembly slides off.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I needed to replace the gaiter - the part which sits inside the console and blocks the gap between the console and the handbrake lever. It has a load of plastic runners on it which can break off and stop the handbrake from moving smoothly.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
203 Posts
I needed to replace the gaiter - the part which sits inside the console and blocks the gap between the console and the handbrake lever. It has a load of plastic runners on it which can break off and stop the handbrake from moving smoothly.
Oh I see. Gaiter is not a term used in the US for those type of parts, had me confused.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Now I’m not even sure if it’s the right word in my British English! Ah well.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
203 Posts
Now I’m not even sure if it’s the right word in my British English! Ah well.
I was aware of the gaiter reference to the mask, but not the others. Some guys in the UK have referenced the shifter "boot" as a gaiter, hence my confusion. Although the parking brake does not really have a boot, more of a hard plastic extension of the leather grip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts