Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am a new owner of an EOS. I succesfully fixed the front roof drain tube issue, I sealed the top-end connector to the tube as I read it in the forum. When I repaired it outside the pillar, I checked the tube, with blowing some air with my mouth in the tube, and I recognized that the right side tube is blocked. After a very strong blow, the "mud plug" at the lover end of the tube "fired" out.

At this time no A pillar leaks. But I find some water in the boot, so I would like to check if it is also a plug in the rear tubes? Is anybody know how I can find the upper end of the rear tubes?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Korte,
to reach the rear drain tubes you have to open the roof and stop when the rear segment is up.
This is an image from vwvortex

2529616196_61d801e12c.jpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use high pressure air to clean them, but I read it can damage drains.
You can try with a soaker or...let me know how you manage to clean them :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi mr t just done mine, bought the largest syringe from a chemist 60p half a mtr of air tube ( fish tank)from the pet shop, jacked the rear of car up , if you feel just behind. The shock you will feel a bit of rubber , squeeze this , a load of dirty water came out of mine, then lower the car open the roof till you can see the drain pipes then put your syringe or whatever you have, blow the water down and you should see it come out under the car, that's what I done it solved mine, cheers ian

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Ian, the air compressor did the work but I'm afraid it's too "violent".
Did you clean it with a simple syringe?Does it have enough pressure to clear the drain tubes?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did with mine mate just make sure u squeeze rubbers behind the shock first , you'll know it's unblocked when the water starts coming from under the car, cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Friends! I have front left side leak. Where lead drain pipes and where can i find them? can i get anny pictures?
When search on Google, I found that drain pipes end at the back of front wheel? Is that black plug under the plastic? Has anyone of you my friends cleanes that?
Greetings from sunny sLOVEnia!

·
Super Moderator
2,265 Posts
Hi Friends! I have front left side leak. Where lead drain pipes and where can i find them? can i get anny pictures?
When search on Google, I found that drain pipes end at the back of front wheel? Is that black plug under the plastic? Has anyone of you my friends cleanes that?
Greetings from sunny sLOVEnia!

This problem has been covered in great detail on this forum over the years and the most common cause is blocked drain tubes in the front pillars and occasionally at the rear; see the following threads:

http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4898

http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=39074

Images showing how to access the drain tubes in the front pillars are on the following link:

http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7602

1 - 9 of 9 Posts