Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I need to replace my drivers side rear seat belt - can anyone give me advice regarding access please.
Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
436 Posts
The base of the rear seat is removed by lifting the base on the front edge. Mine lifts up fairly easily. I think to get the backrest out there are a couple of bolts on the lower edge. Once the bolts are out then I think you can pull the bottom edge forward a little then lift the backrest up off the hooks.

Never tried to get the seat belts out.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Any update on this.I need to do the same after the dog chewed the webbing on both sides.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
We bought one of those dog belt restraints and never used it. Told wifey to take the dog in her car and stick it in a dog crate. Glad I did that. :) My leather seats and dogs are incompatible.:D Muzzling is probably the only answer if you want to use those addon dog restraints.

You have to remove the rear seat and side trim covers to get to the belt roller. Just watch out for wires as I think there are crash impact belt tensioners?

I assume you will be buying the genuine VW OE belt part and not some Chinese or other fake DIY webbing with no quality standards? :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi - I finally got around to attempting a rear seat belt replacement. I had to buy a spline socket to remove the reel nut and all went fine until........the seat belt clip has to pass through a guide at the top of the seat but it's too big. I've been trying to fathom out how to get over this hurdle and short of cutting the clip off, I can't find a solution. The same hurdle will apply to the fitting of the new belt - any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Are you asking about the colored plastic guide slot? From what I can see on photos, the plastic guide is loose on the belt and clips into a much larger slot in the trim - large enough to get the buckle through. Therefore, either the plastic guide is first released from the trim and there's a sneaky split on one side to open and feed in the belt - or when you buy a new VW belt complete it is pre-assembled on the belt during manufacture. If the latter then I'm sure you could be creative with a knife or fine hacksaw? :confused:

I'm sure you'll tell us which it is.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It does look like there is a slot in the guide...

Here are the Removal 'Instructions'...

1. Bench seat
2. Headrest cover
3. Backrest
4. Side panel trim
5. Roll-over bar trim
6. Roll-over bar trim support
7. Rear seat belt end anchors

Move belt guide forward, in the upper area, from the upper fastener at the back
Move belt guide, inclined downwards, away from lower fastener in a downward motion

Remove interia reel belt reel from mounting in the body

Thread seat belt with belt guide, seat belt slide, and belt end anchor through belt anchor.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I ended up buying a couple of used units off eBay for about seventy quid,then let my local independent garage fit them for about 100 quid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts