Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently inherited the '08 eos.
I noticed the rear columns were not covered with cloth when closed, so i searched online and found that the rear strings holding the little triangle shaped cloths were snapped.
I got new strings to replace the old ones, but i noticed that the left retractable string, which is on the windshield is missing, so i cannot continue with the replacement.

Is there any fix for this ? Picture below not mine, but you can see the elastic with the ring i am refering to.

Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Incredibly, I have a similar problem, although my cable that connects to the rear window and goes through the loop as you show on your picture has snapped. I can see roughly that it must connect to the window frame itself- but find it inaccessible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nevermind! The elastic is actually there. It seems that the left cord was way more retracted than the right.
Replaced the strings, everything works ok now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The problem started when the flap got stuck in the mechanical parts as the top was moving into the trunk...I was able to pull the flap free, but noticed that the thin elastic cord was broken.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the cord that goes from the back column to the triangle flap, goes through 3 loops:
One is on the pillar itself
The second one is under the windshield, it is kinda hidden
The third one is the retractable one, which you can see on the photo of my first post

Maybe this video can help you

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
The second one is under the windshield, it is kinda hidden
It runs across inside the hollow section of the frame and I seem to remember there's a spring in the center to tension each side? Everybody who knows little talks about 'elastic' and I've only ever found black nylon 'strings' with springs inserted in line for tensioning. Elastic might only last a couple of years in a car and I wouldn't expect V.W to use it here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts