Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a mountain bike and I was wondering if it was possible to be able to transport such a bike with my Eos. I have seen other posts saying that trunk mounts aren't recommended for this car due to it being double hinged and what it's made of, so I want to know if they're other easily available options. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,390 Posts
This topic was well-covered in the early days of this forum - if you haven't done so already, just use the forum "Search" function with "Bike rack" as the key words and all should be revealed.

Personally, I would not even consider a trunk mounted rack and a tow bar rack has problems with clearance when the roof is being opened/closed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I just bought a mountain bike and I was wondering if it was possible to be able to transport such a bike with my Eos. I have seen other posts saying that trunk mounts aren't recommended for this car due to it being double hinged and what it's made of, so I want to know if they're other easily available options. Thank you.
I went with this SportRack Pathway Delux from etrailer.com:

CodeProductQuantityTotal
SR2703SportRack Pathway Deluxe 3 Bike Rack - 1-1/4", 2" Hitches - Single Arm - Locking - Tilting
1$155.98

Paired with a U HAUL Sportframe 1 1/4 inch Receiver.

It is working great and I like it.

With the arm down, the roof/trunk operation clears. With the arm up, I can still get into the trunk.I get my bike, wife's bike and kid's bike on it with good puzzle mastering.

bike rack.jpg
roof and rack.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,390 Posts
Instant defect notice with a substantial fine and penalty points will be issued in NSW [and probably other Australian States as well] for obscured rear number plate - fitting a bike carry rack auxiliary number plate looks difficult from both the plate attachment and bike loading/unloading perspectives.

Have never seen an Eos fitted with bike carrying racks for many years - they were evident when the Eos was first released but quickly disappeared presumably for the above reasons and possibly damage from opening the roof forgetting the rack was on the back of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts