Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Volkswagen Eos, Komfort 2.0L
192 Posts
Wrong answer because I'm sure he's asking about the temporary 'Skinny Spare' - you know that's the thin width tire in the spare well that's got the bright yellow stripe on it, good for only 50mph (?) and everybody knows it's on!

His wheels are R17 so I expect the spare rim to be 17 inches diameter. The T125 number is the tread width which is skinny and not 235 mm. There's no space in the EOS tire well to fit a standard spare, which is why V.W supply the narrow skinny spare. My link describes what tire markings mean.
Is this what you are looking for?
2007 - 2016 VW VOLKSWAGEN EOS SPARE TIRE OEM AND JACK KIT T125/70R16 | eBay

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
My EOS Sport has all those parts and the original OE Continental brand spare tire 125/70/R18, which is strange when my tires are R17? EOSs can have 16,17 or 18 inch wheels. The carpeted floor tray sits correctly on top of the spare with no gaps and I can just about wrap my long jump leads around the outside of the tire. I've never used it.

I've seen posts where some have tried to find a new replacement emergency skinny spare tire and said it was difficult? I guess the tire shops don't sell many and don't waste store space keeping them.

Search for 'Space Saver' tire. Plenty new in 16,17 and 18 inch rim sizes on Ebay.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts