Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My 2010 EOS DSG transmission is really jerky in traffic and at stop lights. I read where you an reset the transmission by turning the key to on and stepping down on the accelerator for 20 seconds. This doesn't work. Does any one know how it can be reset. Can a mechanic do it with a scanner.? The VW dealer changed the transmission fluid last year. My daughter has the car at college and I am thinking of replacing the car it if I cant figure it out. I dont feel safe with my daughter driving it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

· Registered
8,834 Posts
If you aren't going to do any DIY work yourself, it's probably best to let a dealer or 3rd party VW/Audi shop look at it because they will have the experience of using diagnostics to locate any issues, give you a price and have a workshop to fit new parts for you if they are needed? It sounds like you definitely have a problem to investigate? When I've had something similar my uncertainty question is: 'Is this this normal' and a shop seeing a lotVAG DSGs will answer that question for you after a test drive. If the car is with her away, you could arrange by phone for a local shop to hook up diagnostics and test drive it to get some answers?

· Registered
8,834 Posts
That's a good write up with a common theme:
If you are experiencing this, our advice would be to take your car to the most experienced DSG repair center in your area.
I get the impression they are more likely to replace parts of assemblies (sourced after market?), rather than a V.W shop which will replace a more expensive part when only a sub part may have failed? For an empty wallet you should get a cast iron warranty from a V.W dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts