Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just a question: I just noticed that there is only one reversing light on. My question is: Does a 2012 have two?
Thanks in Advance. John.
No, VW only fit a single reverse light on all models in Australia, which makes the reversing light pretty useless. The other side is a fog light.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
749 Posts
In North America, we don't have the rear fog light, we get two backup lights and when replaced with LED's, they really put out a lot of light.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I replaced the right hand fog light fitting with a US right hand light fitting and a bit of wiring and some LED lights I now have 2 decent reverse lights.

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
I can't remember when I last needed to use a fog light. Using one in rain is frowned on due to the glare they throw up, but many think wrongly it's just a bright rear light to use in poor visibility. I'd give the options discussed some thought, but I'd be concerned if too much white light facing rearwards could confuse or blind following cars. In UK it's mandatory on annual test to have a working rear fog light and dash warning if it was fitted as original. The higher output led globe on a single reversing lamp looks a good option to try first? I've ordered a couple that have smd leds and what looks like a decent heatsink design, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I found one on eBay from a wrecker. I can look for apart number if you like.
Awesome.... was that from a wrecker here in AUS (WA)...? i wouldn't have thought they would be available here as such..being usually from a LHD vehicle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How good does that look!!

I've tracked down a few in wreckers from the USA. Just got to order it and get it shipped.

How did you wire in - just jump the other reverse light connection?? Did you code out the rear Fog Light ?

Oz

·
Registered
450 Posts
I put a resistor on the end of the fog light wires . I suppose I could have tried to code out the fog light.
I tapped into the reverse wire on the other side. I used LEDs in both lights and I don’t believe the load is too high to cause a problem. Did that change a few years ago now and it has not been a problem. The LEDs were canbus suited.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've already got an LED fitted to the LHS (factory) location and it didn't code so I'm hopeful that when I put the second one in and jump the connection, both will be ok. I'll have to check of I can code out the fog light. You'd think because the USA version has no rear fog that it should be an option to turn on/off.

Oz

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
749 Posts
I've already got an LED fitted to the LHS (factory) location and it didn't code so I'm hopeful that when I put the second one in and jump the connection, both will be ok. I'll have to check of I can code out the fog light. You'd think because the USA version has no rear fog that it should be an option to turn on/off.

Oz
I have noticed that the Bulb Out Fault isn't a persistent fault, at least not on the fogs. Before I added resistors, when I would turn the fogs on, I would get a bulb out fault which would go away on its own when I turned the fogs off. I suspect the backup lights would be similar, that is, if you run LED's, the bulb out fault would only display while your in reverse and go away when you shift into drive.

Would need to be tested through. I have not got around to installing LED's in my backup lights and none were included with the LED conversion kit I bought a while back.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
749 Posts
I bought these: 2PCS AUXITO 1156 BA15S P21W Canbus LED Reverse Stop Turn Light Bulb Globes 6500K | eBay

Obviously only used one (for now) but no errors and noticeably brighter.

Oz
That is the same brand I bought for my DRL's, but in 6000k. The color matches the fogs nicely but I hate those DRL's, I actually have them pulled out and sitting inside the headlight buckets. Don't like them as DRL's or driving lights, prefer just the headlights and amber parking lights.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm looking into some driving lights that fit into the front fogs location. Waiting to put the HID globes in first before I make a decision. All I know is we need more light.

Will start a separate thread on it so there is info for anyone interested.

Oz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts