Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everybody new eos owner got a problem somebody has clipped my drivers side wing mirror and cracked my indicator I've been informed that I have a facelift model 2009 onwards any ideas where I can get a replacement from

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Have you tried a VW dealership?

If you have painted parts on the mirror housing that is damaged then the new part will have to be painted to match your car color.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I broke the same part on my wife's GTD Mk IV Golf - it is the same as the updated EOS I believe. Easy enough to replace. Go to a dealer with your VIN and they should be easily supply the part you need. The LED strip will not work if it gets a crack in it.

The VIN is on the bottom left of the windscreen on my car.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Also available on good 'ole eBay.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not the same model, but when the same happened to me, I sourced a skoda octavia part and saved money over getting a volkswagen one.

Phone VW and enquire about a price, then ask for a part number, put that in google or ebay and viola!

I do this with every part. I have just bought a golf subframe part for my wife's Seat Altea. Bloody wishbone bolts snapped off!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can't believe how expensive mirrors are for this car. My wife got clipped by a tractor trailer. Thank God it only got the mirror, but a VW replacement was $746! We got one used for $418, and the trucking co finally paid us for the replacement, but still.

Hope you can find the part you need!

Chris

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know a guy with a 2010 Audi S4, he had his wing mirror smashed off at the base by a gate in the wind. 800 GBP for parts

It might be time for some more krytox Chris, well worth flushing out your drain tubes while you are there too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know a guy with a 2010 Audi S4, he had his wing mirror smashed off at the base by a gate in the wind. 800 GBP for parts

It might be time for some more krytox Chris, well worth flushing out your drain tubes while you are there too.
Yeah, the parts prices are sometimes a bit crazy. I did the seals last month, just forgot to update the signature :) All fixed now, thanks for the reminder!

How do you flush the tubes?

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there everybody new eos owner got a problem somebody has clipped my drivers side wing mirror and cracked my indicator I've been informed that I have a facelift model 2009 onwards any ideas where I can get a replacement from
Turn Signal Mirror repeater. Easily cracked if knocked - especially now the plastic is getting old. I had great difficulty in finding replacements on eBay or other online suppliers. On the EOS the LEDs are plastic welded to the mirror base. Be aware that Golf VI 2009 onward are ALMOST identical but will not fit. In the end I had to source from a main dealer. Part # LH side 3C8-949-101-D. I have since found them listed here https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/tyc/7930353

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
MY07 has the early style mirrors and I bought a couple of handed Chinese led units off Fleabay - there were loads for sale. I did find and note the V.W part numbers somewhere on the plastic before searching. The pain is removing the covers and the led units without breaking off plastic location tabs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts