Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I have recently purchased my 2nd Eos. I had a RNS 315 Sat Nav/Radio fitted. I have Paired my Samsung S2 Phone with the unit. I am able to make and receive calls via Voice dialling. However when the S2 phone is paired to the radio the Phonebook in the phone is Not made available to the Car radio ? I also own a Samsung ACE phone, and this seems to work OK. I tried ringing Samsung Help....they weren't ! Does anyone know what can be done, or is it just Incompatible ? Doesn't seem that incompatible as the Bluetooth Pairing and Dialling/Receiving calls works OK ? I belive at present that it is a Phone seting problem. I occasionally get a 'Bluetooth has stopped Sharing' message ?
any Help would be welcomed. :confused:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hi All. I have recently purchased my 2nd Eos. I had a RNS 315 Sat Nav/Radio fitted. I have Paired my Samsung S2 Phone with the unit. I am able to make and receive calls via Voice dialling. However when the S2 phone is paired to the radio the Phonebook in the phone is Not made available to the Car radio ? I also own a Samsung ACE phone, and this seems to work OK. I tried ringing Samsung Help....they weren't ! Does anyone know what can be done, or is it just Incompatible ? Doesn't seem that incompatible as the Bluetooth Pairing and Dialling/Receiving calls works OK ? I belive at present that it is a Phone seting problem. I occasionally get a 'Bluetooth has stopped Sharing' message ?
any Help would be welcomed. :confused:
I have the same unit in my car I have only noticed phone book in the MFD, I will have to check the radio when the Mrs comes home later. Can you tell me what year your 315 is as I don't seem to have the voice activation. ****

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same unit in my car I have only noticed phone book in the MFD, I will have

****, I have just bought the car and had the RNS 315 fitted in place of the original RCD310 unit, so I guess it is bang up to date. The fact that the phone book on the Samsung S2 doesn't load is quite annoying though, especially as I've just got the phone as well as the car :mad: Martin

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
****, I have just bought the car and had the RNS 315 fitted in place of the original RCD310 unit, so I guess it is bang up to date. The fact that the phone book on the Samsung S2 doesn't load is quite annoying though, especially as I've just got the phone as well as the car :mad: Martin
Did your 315 come with DAB and how much was it, if it was more than £1500 it was probably brand new. ****

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dab

Yes it came with DAB. I think the cost was about £1500, but I managed to get the dealer to give me some towards it. Lovely Radio unit etc, shame about it not working with the Phone.

I had a response from Samsung about this. They offered a possible solution...... which did Not work, so wont bother repeating it here. The main thrust of what they said is that Android does Not support rSAP which MOST Car radio systems want. So DONT BUY an Android Phone and expect it to work fully. You might be lucky, you probably wont. If you put rSAP into Google it brings back Thousands of Disatisfied people who cannot get their phones....especially the phone book to work properly with their In Car Radio phone system !!:mad:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yes it came with DAB. I think the cost was about £1500, but I managed to get the dealer to give me some towards it. Lovely Radio unit etc, shame about it not working with the Phone.

I had a response from Samsung about this. They offered a possible solution...... which did Not work, so wont bother repeating it here. The main thrust of what they said is that Android does Not support rSAP which MOST Car radio systems want. So DONT BUY an Android Phone and expect it to work fully. You might be lucky, you probably wont. If you put rSAP into Google it brings back Thousands of Disatisfied people who cannot get their phones....especially the phone book to work properly with their In Car Radio phone system !!:mad:
Got the car of my Mrs this morning and we do have the phone book on the 315 screen and MFD but we both have Iphones, so not much help to you then. ****

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RNS 315 Phone Book

Have resolved the issue now. I did a Factory Reset on my Samsung phone. All now working sweet as a knut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts