Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
TDi Sport manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just aquired a June 2008 TDi Sport manual car, which I love.
The V5 says the CO2 emissions for this are 156, which makes it Road Tax class G at £155 per annum - but the VW site indicates that the manual produces 148 of CO2, and should be class F (the automatic is class G). Have VW tweaked the engine in the past 2 years to reduce the CO2 emissions a tad - or is the information in my V5 incorrect, presumably due to an error on first registration? I'm sure someone will readily know the answer!

·
Registered
304 Posts
The change probably happened when they went from the Pumpe Duse TDI engine to the Common Rail TDI engine. ;) Being a 2008 model, my guess is that you've possibly got the PD engine fitted which is to Euro 4 standard emissions. IIRC, the CR engine was fitted from 2009. I've got the CR engine fitted, which is to Euro 5 standard emissions, and my road fund licence is £125 p.a. :D

Also, in this day and age, manufacturers are trying to reduce the emissions, so even a car with the same basic engine during it's production run may have lower emissions as the production life goes on. :)

Rather than look at the VW website, which will tend to list the emissions for the current model year, if you can a look at the specifications in the 2008 brochure would be a better bet to get a more accurate idea of what band it should be in. Looking at the Parker's guide, it says that your car should be in band G and the DSG model for that year in band H (2009 onwards go to band F and band G respectively). Judging by all that, I hazard a guess that there hasn't been an error on your car's documentation at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts