Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this issue has been mentioned before, but I can't find anything exactly the same as the problem I appear to have.

I few weeks ago, after lots of rain and damp getting into the rear seat area of the car, I checked that the drains were working okay and mopped up a small amount of water from the "swimming pools". I then found, for the first time, that there was a significant amount of water in the boot (trunk) area of the car. At this point, the roof was operating perfectly. After clearing the water in the boot I noticed that the soft rubber "box" that surrounds the roof gear, behind the bumper in the boot, was holding a lot of water. By squeezing the rubber I managed to remove a drop of water, but then I realised that I could remove the top lid section and dry this thoroughly however, I couldn't see a way to remove the bottom section which houses the roof operator, so I dried this off as best as I could, by sqeezing out the water and allowing the sun to dry it by leaving the boot open.

When I put the rubber lid back in place, with everything nice and dry I operated the roof and found that it only partially opened before I got the error message - "open rear lock". I then found that the boot lid was open and guessed that it should be closed. The roof goes through the motions, the windows come down, sunroof retracts, but then a message displays saying "open rear lock". Trying the opening switch again produces the normal sound of the roof motors operating, but the error message again displays and nothing happens. I've now noticed that the rear electric boot motor doesn't appear to be working, by pulling the boot cover down - there's no "whiring noise" and neither is the light working in the boot. I've checked the fuses and the bulb and all appear to be okay. I've also checked that the lock isn't out of sync with the opening routine, by manually flicking open the lock and pusing in the little square plastic block, with a screwdriver, but this makes no difference.

I can do simple repairs, where I can see an obvious error, but I don't have good electrical knowledge, or testing equipment. If anyone can shed a bit more light on this problem, before I have to take the car to my VW dealer, I'd be most grateful thanks. Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Sorry if this issue has been mentioned before, but I can't find anything exactly the same as the problem I appear to have.

These are complex cars to fault find and it's unlikely you will find a simple one stop solution. Most electronic system faults need careful diagnosis with tools by somebody who understands the system and wiring diagrams. There's a lot already posted here if you search? But if it's too hard to get your head around, then a Dealer tech. is probably your best option.

If you keep messing about yourself, you are probably getting close to a trunk lid lockout which could give a dealer tech. more grief. Search 'jail break'.

Reactions: PaulE29

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good advice, thanks Vox. Thanks also for the link to the pump check, I just can't understand why a company like VW would produce such a poor bit of kit. The foam filler in the front wheel arches is another example of their crap designers, I also need a pair of front wings!!!

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
The foam filler in the front wheel arches is another example of their crap designers, I also need a pair of front wings!!!
Everything is here if you search:

Reactions: PaulE29
1 - 4 of 4 Posts