Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this 2008 volkswagen eos 2.0t. Great car 100k miles and for free. Only problem it leaks pretty bad.

My friend works at a body shop and said to take all the interior panels off 1st which I tired the back panel by the speaker and no go then run water over the car.

Does anyone know how to take those interior panels off. No screws

·
Registered
965 Posts
I’m not sure what you’d gain from taking the interior panels off if the roof is leaking - the water generally doesn’t go on them.

There are plenty of threads on this forum about what to do about roof leaks and how to go about investigating and fixing them - I suggest you do a good bit of reading on here before you get your tools out.

The Eos is rather different from most cars - your friend from the body shop will doubtless be able to help and advise on how to repair any damage from the leak after it’s fixed, but when it comes to fixing the leak you really need some knowledge about the Eos roof.

Since you asked, though, there are two screws holding each rear trim panel in place under the rear seat, and one by the seat belt. You will need a set of Torx screwdrivers (T15/T20/T25) to be able to undo them, and you need to be very careful when removing and reattaching them. There’s a cable going to the tweeter that you have to disconnect, and the panel has to slot on to two parts of the body. But as I say, you shouldn’t do any of that.

Reactions: elgreco380

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Purpose is to run water over the top of the car and see where the water is coming from.

Do you have any ideas

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
There is plenty here on the forum if you search for it. But if leaks are bad, don't expect a single idea or solution that will fix everything. You have to be very methodical and keep hose pipe testing. Without training you really need to invest in a V.W workshop manual and read it, because removing covers, panels and trim is a fact of life to do any work. That's the best idea I can come up with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts