Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I’m having a bit of an issue! My Eos roof will go down perfectly no issues at all but when it comes to putting it back up it gets stuck in the boot of the car it looks as if the sun roof is catching on the rear seats and stopping it from coming back up! The only way I have been able to get it to go back up is by 2 people lifting each pillar and someone pressing the button in the car and then once the pillars are up out of the boot the rest will follow and close! Does anyone have any idea why this is and how to fix?

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
The roof pump hydraulics will always be working hardest to lift the package up rather than letting it down into the trunk and it's best to have the engine running for roof operations. You have eyes on, does it look like there's insufficient pump pressure to lift the package up or is the package obstructed from coming up? You can tell a lot by listening to the pump, whether it is laboring or not. If the pump is fighting a hard obstruction it could damage parts. Have you had a diagnostics scan done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It try’s to put it back up and it just looks as though the sun roof gets stuck on the rear seats?

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Have you had a diagnostics scan done?
When the roof starts to open, does the sunroof open further than it would normally on its switch?

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
No simple fix for this, but you could get a dignostics scan done and see if any faults are logged? If you've been pulling the roof parts around not really knowing what you are doing, you could also have done some damage to the hinges. Suggest you get somebody who has experience with the EOS roof system to have a good look at it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I guess when the sunroof doesn't slide all the way back that's most likely an issue with the sunroof motor, given that it's common enough for the gear to lose teeth. Fingers crossed this is all it is and there's no collateral damage.

@Harry Eden If you search this forum you'll find a few threads on issues with the sunroof motor. Most important is, even though it's the middle of convertible season, be patient with it: don't try things for the sake of trying them, and only do things once you've read up on how they work. The convertible roof is a complex and sensitive mechanism, and even the sunroof is a pretty tricky beast with an octopus of cables coming out of the sunroof motor. Don't even think of opening the convertible top until you get this sorted - focus on getting the sunroof working correctly first.

When you operate the sunroof, do you notice any unusual sounds coming from it? If you want to investigate the sunroof motor further, you will also be able to find instructions for how to move it manually, which may give you a feel for whether everything is moving smoothly.

I don't know how long you've had the car or how experienced you are with the mechanics or electronics of it (or cars in general), but this is the sort of issue that needs either experience or at the very least some caution. You should probably take some time to read up on how the roof works, and if you want to learn what's wrong with your car without having to take it to a garage, invest in a diagnostic tool (link in my signature).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts