Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my EOS a year now though its a 56plate. last year i had no problems opening the roof and after winter now that the suns out i have tried opening my roof. i get no problem messages on my dashboard it still says converting in operation (or something like that) however the roof only opens to as far as the boot swinging open and the sunroof folding onto the back half of the roof. it wont fold down into the boot. the motor is still humming but nothing moves but will close fine from there. has anyone had a similar problem? anything can be done to fix it?

many thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had my EOS a year now though its a 56plate. last year i had no problems opening the roof and after winter now that the suns out i have tried opening my roof. i get no problem messages on my dashboard it still says converting in operation (or something like that) however the roof only opens to as far as the boot swinging open and the sunroof folding onto the back half of the roof. it wont fold down into the boot. the motor is still humming but nothing moves but will close fine from there. has anyone had a similar problem? anything can be done to fix it?

many thanks
Check for a stuck 'cable' (cables stretch over time) just behind the rear head rests. You might be able reach back and move it. Should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
478 Posts
What does a "56plate" mean? Bare with me as I'm in the colonies.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What does a "56plate" mean? Bare with me as I'm in the colonies.
Car was registered in the 2nd half of 2006. Blumming brainboxes in the UK couldn't figure out an easy way to deal with number plates (or post codes years back)!!

·
Super Moderator
2,403 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
many thanks

many thanks it was something on the left hand side getting caught up. all sorted now.
thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Roof sticking on opening

Hi. We are experiencing the exact same symptoms as you had back in 2011. The folding in of the cloth material that covers the C pillar is not happening correctly and the flip up plastic cover to the left hand side rail stowage gets caught. :mad: How did you get the problem solved and was it very expensive?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Red Al
1 Posts

many thanks
I did have this problem took it back four time and all along it was catching on the inside trim and stopping a small cover flap opening So next time it happens get out of the car and look to see if this in the reason.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Roof openeing problem

Hi Alan,
Many thanks for your reply. Elsewhere on the Forum I found that the flap gets caught when the cord that pulls the interior trim back and folds it has stretched. I shortened the cord and the problem has gone. I hope the remainder of your winter is OK & you have a good spring.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts