Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This adventure started out as roof and trunk not working. I replaced the roof module and that got the trunk working correctly. One of the warnings for the roof is gone (roof open), but still says its not operational. The sunroof works, but the sunroof and windows dont open at all then trying to open the top. I tested the pump and it seems to work. I'm getting two codes which I think might be related:

25- auto roof
02805 System interface
014 defective
Sunroof still works

72- door rear right
01334 Door control module rear right
014 defective
window still rolls down

Does anybody have any input on where to go from here? I'm doing allot of research but havent found any solutions yet.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Start investigating the rear right "door" control module. The roof won't work if the roof controller can't make all the windows go up and down. The "all windows" switch is a direct line to the roof controller, so if you use that, you know whether the roof controller is able to talk to the windows.

If you're lucky, it could just be a matter of re-learning the window stops (hold the rear right window switch until the window goes all the way down, wait a few seconds, hold it until it goes all the way up, wait a few seconds, try the all windows switch). If you're unlucky you may need to check the wiring and the module itself. Also check that the runners for the rear window run smoothly.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
The "all windows" switch is a direct line to the roof controller, so if you use that, you know whether the roof controller is able to talk to the windows.
I don't think so? All the door switches work through the convenience module. I've had my roof controller completely unplugged and apart from the trunk locks not working, the door window switches still worked. I know this because I had to close the windows each day after working on the car.

AFIK the roof controller generates the 'All Windows down & up' CANbus command although it may still go via the convenience unit. It's the same command used by the RLS when rain hits the windshield and all windows and sunroof auto close.

But I agree the door rear right controller is where I would start looking first by trying the voodoo reset because it's a big pain to access. An error code of 'defective' usually means more than fixing the top/bottom learning. It suggests bad data initialization caused by module firmware although some communication is occuring via the manual window switch.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I don't think so? All the door switches work through the convenience module. I've had my roof controller completely unplugged and apart from the trunk locks not working, the door window switches still worked. I know this because I had to close the windows each day after working on the car.

AFIK the roof controller generates the 'All Windows down & up' CANbus command although it may still go via the convenience unit. It's the same command used by the RLS when rain hits the windshield and all windows and sunroof auto close.
Good point. I was quoting from the SSP, which probably simplified what actually happens on the wires.

I think it's still correct that, if the all windows switch works, the roof controller will be able to make the windows go down.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I had every connector on my roof controller unplugged. It wasn't there in my system and the window switches still worked, I think the sunroof switch did too? I concluded the roof controller sits on the bus and sends its own controls during roof ops (which may be the same PID and control word?). This is useful because access around the roof wiring loom, upper hinge parts and the top side members sometimes needs windows down and side flaps open or to allow roof parts to lower into the fish tanks.

There's a big gotcha in this: You want the roof loom wiring power dead to work on it, but the battery connected to operate windows and avoid reset problems with control modules. However, the windows can come up 'auto' and unexpectedly (RLS)! This is bad news if the hinged flaps are only partly open (crunch!). I removed the rear windows fuse as a precaution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the binary sequence of the top sensors and it thinks the rear window is open even though the top is fully closed. Does anybody know where and how to access the sensors?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
By going to a sensor when you find it, you give yourself a tonne of work when what you need to do is a simple test on the back of wiring going to a plug in the roof control module. Do you know how to remove the trunk lining trim to get to it? It's all in the EOS workshop manual.

When you find the correct roof controller plug, read my post and everything you need to know to make simple checks on EOS roof sensors with a multimeter is there. If that sensor doesn't test like a diode like its partner, or looks open circuit, the fault could be the sensor OR a wiring splice problem. Then you have to start digging deeper. Diagnostics reports roof sensors as they appear on the multi way controller plug including their ground return. It tells you nothing beyond that - bad contacts on the plug itself (water corrosion?), wiring, bad splices or the actual sensor (least likely).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I found the sensors and the locks which were open. I closed the locks. Now the top actually starts opening as it should. However, the right window only goes half way down.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Why are you having these intermittent fault problems? If you don't find out what's causing them, they will bite you one day on the road miles from home and leave you with a part open roof and a car you can't drive?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts