Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Black VW EOS 2009 2.0 TDI 16V 138bhp
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just thought I would say that I have just bought some Gummi Phlege Stift and done all my seals as I don't think it's been done for a long time and I have a soggy passenger seat and the left hand side of the sunroof pillar was wet where the roof meets the A pillar.
I used some compressed air to clean the water run outs in the A pillar so I'm hoping it will now be sealed and I get no more water leaks and condensation on my windscreen is gone.
My question is how many coats do I need to put on the seals as I did put a fair bit on ALL of them.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Treating EOS roof seals if you are lucky, reduces leaks by softening the compressed rubber and restoring its shape to round rather than oval. Massaging the seals to get this soft and supple shape is more important than putting stuff on them. Even after lubricating seals, you can still get leaks which hosepipe testing should show up.

·
Registered
Black VW EOS 2009 2.0 TDI 16V 138bhp
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks Vox. As the weather in the UK is a bit wet atm, we are supposed to be having some sort of random heat wave next week so I'll get outside and do them again, taking care to massage them. The seals aren't cracked, just look a bit flat so hopefully it will work.
There has been no problems in the past with the previous owner and I can verify that but since we've had all this rain it's been leaking and can't think what else it should be as it's only in that one place.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Outdoors rain at the moment with wind is just as good as a hosepipe. Consider a triple+ layer car cover as it can buy some time before sorting out the leaks. Extra large is a life saver if your roof and windows are all open half way through work (or you get a can't close roof fault) whilst parked outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts