Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
rookie VW owner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just purchased a used '12 and love the car. I always had a drop top, but this is the best featured car I ever owned. I am having one frustrating issue with the Navigation memory. I have tried everything (except the right thing) but can't get the previous owner's destination memory to go away (permanently). I can delete the places individually, or all at once, and then add my own home, etc. The next time I drive it, it's full of New York addresses. (nothing against NY) It's minor but very inconvenient. Any ideas out there? Everything else works just fine.

Also I am an HTC EVO user (hate iphones) but the car likes Apples I guess. The Bluetooth and phone operations don't want to see my droid. Solutions?

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
43 Posts
It would help if you told us which version of the head unit / nav that you have installed.

·
rookie VW owner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good point. The OM is for the RNS 510. I don't know how to find the version or maps release date. Considering doing an upgrade to the maps to maybe clear the memory.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
good point. The OM is for the RNS 510. I don't know how to find the version or maps release date. Considering doing an upgrade to the maps to maybe clear the memory.
Turn on the RNS510 and wait for it to fully come alive. Thirty seconds or so should do.

Then, push and continue to hold the "Setup" button. It will take about 10 seconds and a second window will pop up with a new menu.

Here is where you get the version info, map info, etc..

Copy everything down and submit to us.

By the way, an updated map will not clear out any addresses that are already in your radio. Otherwise, people would be hesitant to get a new map if they had to start all over with address entering.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts