· Former Focus CC3 owner!
632 Posts
Just got them installed yesterday, pics for you guys: -

Estimate the size of the BBK based on the ciggie box: -

What's a BBK??! :D

· Registered
172 Posts
What's a BBK??! :D

I think he's referring to his 'big brake kit' ;)

I like cross-drilled rotors, because they're nice and discreet, but I think I would have gone for black calipers. The trouble with red ones nowadays, especially when they're aftermarket, is that from a distance they look like those cheapo plastic caliper covers on eBay for $10.

· Registered
300 Posts
I first thought of BBS, well known manufacturer of ultimate rims... YEs BBK makes sense! well Tortoise, do you also have the supercharged engine to match the brakes now?
;-)
Fred

· Life is good... so far
1,232 Posts
Hey Tortoise,
How about some info on those brakes? Are they ceramic?
Maybe soon you'll have to change you name..

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think he's referring to his 'big brake kit' ;)

I like cross-drilled rotors, because they're nice and discreet, but I think I would have gone for black calipers. The trouble with red ones nowadays, especially when they're aftermarket, is that from a distance they look like those cheapo plastic caliper covers on eBay for $10.
Rotora dun have black ones, the other options were anodised blue or chrome, got the red instead.

yep there's lotsa those cheapo covers out there but they dun make cheapo bigger discs, and in Singapore, if some are laughing off my brake set as those cheapo covers type, then they are probably from the mountains hahahahaa
:D :D :D

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I first thought of BBS, well known manufacturer of ultimate rims... YEs BBK makes sense! well Tortoise, do you also have the supercharged engine to match the brakes now?
;-)
Fred
mine is the 2.0T so wun be looking at the SC kekeke anyway just got it tweaked up by Unitronic with another EOS bro locally and the power band is much better now :p

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Tortoise,
How about some info on those brakes? Are they ceramic?
Maybe soon you'll have to change you name..
355mm rotors, come with 4 pot Rotora caliper, with mounting brackets and 0-500 brake pads. It comes with installation manual, stickers etc as well, packed nicely in a box.

the rotors are cross drilled & slotted, but not ceramic, that will be like $15,000 if i opt for it (if there's such an option) and it wun justify that unless the EOS's maker is Ferrari or Porsche hahahah

more info at www.rotora.com :D <the kit is similar for the Golf GTI MK V and EOS), my wife's GTI runs on the 330mm 4 pot kit as well :D

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there a R36 EOS :p .

Leonard are you considering creating a bigger family in line with government policy? Big car and value for money value from it's performance but lose the EOS cool factor:D
hahahaha might have the R36 next time, who knows? There's already the R32 version of Golf ma kekeke

dun need a bigger car even with 2 kids, i dun see a need for a MPV anyway kekekke unless my kids wan full done up ICE with Xbox etc in a car then too bad, an Audi Q7 will be cool :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.