Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2007 Eos with a roof that will never open again (not the issue).
The roof pump works 100% so I want to remove it and sell it, along with the sunroof motor.
I need to know if removing the roof pump will release the hydraulic pressure holding the roof in the "closed" position and it possibly open on its own while driving.

If so is there a method of maintaining a securely closed roof and removing the rood pump.

Regards

David

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
As far as I know, once the roof has been closed with a working pump (no errors) the roof locks will be on. It takes quite a lot of hydraulic effort to bring the locking rams back to undo all the locks, but I don't know what happens as fluid and pressure leaks out from the open pipes? I suppose you could remove the hinge side cover plastics and wire the locking rams to keep the locks in the closed position. But G*d help any other owner thinking they can just fit in a new pump.

If you remove the roof controller some bad things can happen with the trunk lock. I suppose once you remove the sunroof motor after it's fully closed it just won't work.

The problem with all this is you will never be able to lubricate or repair any seals which over time will dry out and the car will leak water. If your sunroof glass explodes you won't be able to repair that either, but if you are converting your EOS into a Beach Buggy, it won't matter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts