Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Sat Nav Upgrade

12K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  SiJ2000 
#1 ·
Hey,

I got the sat nav back in 2007 when I got my EOS, I hear there is a new touch screen one! Does anyone know if you can upgrade to the new touch screen version?

My sat nav is great, but it does miss the touch screen bit!!!

Thanks, A

#2 ·
Sat Nav update

Adamber, good monring

I understand an upgrade is possible, but I also understand it requires some software update too. My other half works at a VW authorised dealer and i asked her to get a price for me for just such. She advised me it was in the region of £1600/1800, without fitting

Del

#3 ·
Sat nav up-date

Update on my last posting

Though my partner works for the local Vw dealer, I also work for one of the Motor manufacturers, though not VW. On speaking with our parts manager this morning, he has just advised me of the following which is (he says) a touch screen which has been developed as fitting the VW range

Zenec's - ZE-NC2000 and ZE-MC2000 E>Go, Navi and Moniceiver for VW cars

The blurb on the brochure leaflet advises, they are perfectly adjusted to the original cosmetics of various vehicle types. That the ZE-MC2000 and the ZE-NZ2000 offer the perfect match of style, look and colours with the interior of the VW Golf V platform.

I have no other information, not even a distributor on these products, I am sure now this is posted somone will give us further details on experience and/or costs.

Del

#5 ·
These upgrades are very tempting. I have the new non-satnav touch screen model (RCD 510) and it is very good. I have looked at buying the satnav version (RNS510) on eBay and then selling my RCD 510, but experience of computers has taught me that these kinds of upgrade never work, or else are extremely expensive to get to work.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info... I will have to look into the options. PAying another £2k for a car thats dropping in value... perhaps just upgrade the car!!! hehe

#8 ·
Just been looking around on a few forums regarding this. You can get the VW units for around £1000 and they are almost plug and play... reviews on then are all excellent! An early xmas pressy to myself!! hehe :rolleyes:

#11 ·
Hi,

Yes its the touch screen version, RNS510. I have seen them at a couple of places, but quite a few on ebay - as new... just check the rating of the person selling. There are a few websites about that list purchases from ebay that have been fine, naming the sellers.

A

#12 ·
Simon,

Have you ordered the touch screen one? Let me know how it goes, I am thinking of replacing my existing sat nav with the touch screen version... if its easy :) :confused:

#13 ·
Mate, I just ordered the normal one (MFD DVD)... At the mo, I just have the normal radio unit and wanted NAV... I have the MFD DVD in a Golf Plus also, so thats all I wanted... Not interested in the media functions as I just listen to the radio!

Will post photos of the upgrade when I do it this week sometime!

Am also going to upgrade the firmware of the nav to SW30... The one in the golf was on SW28...

#14 ·
Coolio... good luck, from what everyone is saying it should be easy... well, for you anyway :) I am rubbish with anything like that!

How do you upgrade the firmware? Mine must be old now as the car is approaching 2 years :(

#15 ·
Your local dealer should have a CD for it... You just pop it in the nav dvd slot and wait for an hour or so and its done... I just did it to the golf by turning stereo on with button... didn't put on ignition or any of that malachy! Was pretty easy...

You eon't notice any apparent difference, but there are some back end bug fixes, like lowering power condumption when off...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.