Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL came on today on my 2011 and it is showing a P2431 code. The engine RPM has always ran on start up (30 sec) but ran fine after that. The car still runs fine. The code seems to point to the secondary air injection sensor, but I am not really sure. Could it be the secondary air pump? Where is the secondary air sensor located? It appears this may be a dealer only part. Ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question but if you forgot to plug a sensor back in you'll get a code like this. I'd check that first. I've done it before.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know the answer to your question but if you forgot to plug a sensor back in you'll get a code like this. I'd check that first. I've done it before.
I really haven't done much in the engine bay for several weeks, so I don't think it is an unplugged sensor.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I know nada about these things, but why not do some research? It appears you have a pump delivering air down a hose to the exhaust and a sensor that measures positive air pressure? Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty, look around and investigate in a logical way. Try this to get some general ideas, think outside the box or let a technician fix it: :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHjc0Q-P2PA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts