Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

2 mounts ago i have problem with sunroff, this mean "octopus"has been broken. I change this part and when i push convertable button i see on Fis "system error no convertible operation"

I read error on VCDS and this is

02805 - Zakłócenie w systemie ( on ENG [ with translator ]
disruption on system )

014 - wadliwy ( Defective )

I search solution on many topic, on many forums, and only what i find is: 02805 - Ross-Tech Wiki

But, eos have 4/6 sensors, in my opinion "014" is the name of part.

anyone have problem with this ?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Check all windows work correctly. Check sunroof works correctly. Check 'one touch' windows work. Get a full scan report from vcds and check the Auto roof control module 26 shows up in the Gateway list. Check all sensor status bits measuring block 002 for a closed roof starts correct according to this video:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Check all windows work correctly. Check sunroof works correctly. Check 'one touch' windows work. Get a full scan report from vcds and check the Auto roof control module 26 shows up in the Gateway list. Check all sensor status bits measuring block 002 for a closed roof starts correct according to this video:

All Windows work corectly. Sunroof too. "one touch" button open all windows.

I do this same procedure, what on video but.

on Video exit position have bits 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 :HS 13 ( 0:43 sec on video )

on my car, exit position have bits: 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 :HS 12 when i push convertable button, nothing happen with this bits it's always been 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 :HS 12

I found this: http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_379_d3.pdf

And... hmm, where is a rear window frame lock ?

ok, next solution for next user's generation: Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > Eos (1F7) L4-2.0L Turbo (BPY) (2007) > Body and Frame > Sensors and Switches - Body and Frame > Convertible Top Latch Position Switch / Sensor > Component Information > Locations > Left Roof Pillar Lock Sensor G558 > Page 16791

if i wanna fix this element i must emercy open rear window...

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Yes it looks from the sensors as though the rear window frame locks are unlocked but are they? If the locks were really unlocked, the mechanically linked locks for the trunk lid would be closed and you wouldn't be able to open it - so what position are the trunk locking claws in?

The locks could be jammed open but I think you would see the rear window wasn't fitted down correctly, particularly if you can lift it up? Those sensors showing '0' may not be operating? That doesn't mean you dive in first without knowledge and change parts you 'think' are wrong because why would two identical parts fail at the same time. If the rear window locks are really open, you would be able to lift the frame up a few inches - can you do that yes or no?

You can test roof sensors at the controller connector if you read this. Compare the multimeter diode test results for the two rear window sensors which should measure the same as all the others.
If you feel you are getting too deep into areas you don't understand, you may need to hand over to somebody who knows the EOS roof system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it looks from the sensors as though the rear window frame locks are unlocked but are they? If the locks were really unlocked, the mechanically linked locks for the trunk lid would be closed and you wouldn't be able to open it - so what position are the trunk locking claws in?

The locks could be jammed open but I think you would see the rear window wasn't fitted down correctly, particularly if you can lift it up? Those sensors showing '0' may not be operating? That doesn't mean you dive in first without knowledge and change parts you 'think' are wrong because why would two identical parts fail at the same time. If the rear window locks are really open, you would be able to lift the frame up a few inches - can you do that yes or no?

You can test roof sensors at the controller connector if you read this. Compare the multimeter diode test results for the two rear window sensors which should measure the same as all the others.
If you feel you are getting too deep into areas you don't understand, you may need to hand over to somebody who knows the EOS roof system.

Hey, u have right. The claws are unlocked, because i can lift rear windows on 1 cm. Maybe try use force metod ?
this mean: Eos Top Operation via Basic Settings (DO NOT DO THIS)

if 0 on bit mean "Open" how i can close it...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Wow, I didn't know about that. That's what I thought only a VAS5054 could do, and that's very useful for people who know what they're doing.

I don't know whether each of those steps in Basic Settings checks that the roof is in the correct state. The Guided Function in ODIS with the VAS5054 tool checks that all the preconditions are in place, but if the Basic Settings operations don't check this then these operations are very dangerous and could potentially break your roof.

I am not going to suggest that you try anything but my guess is that you would need to ensure the rear window is correctly lowered into position and perform 022 "lock rear window frame". DO NOT JUST TRY THIS. CHECK, DOUBLE-CHECK AND CHECK AGAIN whether this is the right thing to do in your situation.

If you are not 100% sure of which option to use, I strongly suggest you get hold of a VAS5054 and use ODIS, which will check the position of the roof and manually step through the closing procedure until things are sorted. My roof got into a similar state and the VAS5054 rescued it - there may still be other issues with the roof that you need to deal with.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
He hasn't said what his trunk 'C' claw lid locks are doing - what position are they in e.g closed with the lid sitting on top, not closing and pulling down which is what I would expect. If he's not careful to listen and follow exactly he risks trunk lid lock out, which is why I was waiting for that answer and I'm not posting too much 'cos he really needs to go small careful steps and not be forcing anything.

·
Registered
772 Posts
He hasn't said what his trunk 'C' claw lid locks are doing - what position are they in e.g closed with the lid sitting on top, not closing and pulling down which is what I would expect. If he's not careful to listen and follow exactly he risks trunk lid lock out, which is why I was waiting for that answer and I'm not posting too much 'cos he really needs to go small careful steps and not be forcing anything.
Yep. Given that we don't know how the Basic Settings work (whether they check the position of the Hall sensors before performing the operation) that's why I would use the guided function in the VAS5054 that figures out the position the roof is in before starting, uses the sensor outputs at each stage and tells you what visual checks to perform after each action.

@adriseko Where in Poland are you?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
The penny just dropped this is in vcds which I've never seen and used. I'm lazy downloading their updates because MY07 never changes. I'll update my vcds apps and look for it next time I'm scanning. What concerns me about roof sync and lock faults is consequential damage and writing off the car by running the pump if there's a serious obstruction. That's the point you are making and the reasons for warnings in the vcds post link. There are too many unknowns here or even other roof control faults to investigate and the OP might dig themself into a huge hole of damage. Anything done remotely by computer relies on sensors telling the truth. The OP hasn't done the initial multimeter checks I suggested to check the wiring and the sensors hanging on the end, so there's still uncertainty. With feedback on the position of the trunk corner 'C' locks and checks on the two rear window sensors, the safest advice I would give is to release the manual pump valve and carry out V.Ws workshop procedure for manual roof open/close, opening and closing the locks by pushing the hydraulic cylinders. Diagnostics can open and close the roof locks but in the wrong hands damage and trunk lockout may result. Workshop procedures mean the person doing them needs to understand what they are doing. This is so important I've pasted the text warning here with due acknowledgement to Jef @ RossTech:
Eos Top Operation via Basic Settings (DO NOT DO THIS)

There is a method to use a dealer level scan tool like VCDS to operate the top, it is done via Basic Setting. However...
IT IS VERY DANGEROUS, INJURY AND DAMAGE CAN HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to be clear on this...

I can not understate this... the Roof Electronics will ignore any and all safety measure that are in place during normal operation.

Unless you have proper training on this and a very solid understanding of Eos top operation, I would suggest to farm this out to some one who has the skill set to do this.

Use this information at your own risk!
Here is the very brief summery of what is involved:

You must verify each step is completed to factory design before going to the next step.
Security Access of 06777 to enable Basic Settings (required prior to each step)
Each Basic Setting step should report "Done" when said step is completed.

BS 010, open sunroof.
BS 011, release rear window frame
BS 012, release rear window bars (I think this is raise C segment)
BS 013, tailgate opening
BS 014, move roof pack (I think top moves to storage compartment)
BS 015, closing tailgate
BS 016, tailgate locking
BS 017, tailgate unlocking
BS 018, tailgate opening
BS 019, move roof pack (I think top moves to close position)
BS 020, closing tailgate
BS 021, rear window frame closing (I think this is lowering C segment)
BS 022, lock rear window frame
BS 023, close sunroof

With a top in proper working order, fully closed, one can go through each step to open the top, then close the top.

HOWEVER, you have something out of factory design, hence the 02805 - System Interference fault code. It could be something is out of sync and will fall back into place as it should when doing the the Basic Settings steps. But it could be damaged hardware and thus the Roof Electronics does not have "control" over something.

Please allow me to repeat myself:

·
Super Moderator
2,288 Posts
For what it worth, my advice is do not think you can safely operate the roof manually as all it takes is one malfunction, one wrong command or 1 scrambled electronic signal and you will either be ordering a complete new roof through a VW dealer who has experienced technicians capable of fitting a replacement roof or having a 2-door hardtop VW.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Perhaps you misunderstood SS? The workshop manual emergency roof open and close procedure requires no intervention using diagnostics or electronics, just two men or women and some grunt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
hmm..
All right.I write all problem what i have in my eos. Mayby something has connect with rear window frame .
On This moment: trunk button doesn't work ( Driver Door )

Trunk i can open only when i push button on key. Sometimes this work normal, this mean when i open car.

Left parking sensor too doesn't work.

I try use VAS, but this program need WinXp.

Today i remove and clean roof controler, and i check pin's and cable's status. Everything is fine

·
Super Moderator
2,288 Posts
Perhaps you misunderstood SS? The workshop manual emergency roof open and close procedure requires no intervention using diagnostics or electronics, just two men or women and some grunt.
Vox,

I am aware of the manual method - I was only referring to trying to operate the roof using this newly-discovered feature of VCDS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ok guys, how i can do this manual method ?
i checked pump too, and they has 2 pins +/-. This Pin's Run pump Engine if i give 12v.
Additionally pump have 2 small plugs on left site (Probably control )

if i will give power to the first plugs, pump will has started and run all actuators...

I must lift on rear window, because without it i can't check claw status...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep. Given that we don't know how the Basic Settings work (whether they check the position of the Hall sensors before performing the operation) that's why I would use the guided function in the VAS5054 that figures out the position the roof is in before starting, uses the sensor outputs at each stage and tells you what visual checks to perform after each action.

@adriseko Where in Poland are you?
Open prv 😁

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
You keep missing important questions? What is the situation with your trunk lid corner 'C' locks - post a photo. You said you inspected and 'tested' the sensor wires at the roof connector. Confirm if both window lock sensors measure like diodes.

If you start powering the pump not knowing anything about how the EOS system works, you are following the path of bypassing roof protection and all the warnings posted in #11 apply to you. Actually, it's worse because you aren't programming the solenoid valves which you probably don't know about? These are REAL warnings and not just something to scare DIYers away from paying others.

You have a bunch of other faults, some of which may be related. Complex fault like yours may not be a simple fix and any advice or feedback to you could be wrong or misleading without more detail. It works like this: You get asked a bunch of questions some of which to you may seem irrelevant, but to an expert thay are all clues to understanding the problem and to offer advice as to the safest way to move forwards. If you want to jump in and start powering the pump when you haven't got a clue as to how this complex roof system works. Research how much it costs to replace a twisted and leaking EOS roof - It will write off your car. Paying somebody who knows more than you $1000 to solve your problems is a lot cheaper than replacing the roof.

Do you have a workshop manual? I think it would help you to understand the EOS roof system and trying things you don't understand that could cause a lot more damage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You keep missing important questions? What is the situation with your trunk lid corner 'C' locks - post a photo. You said you inspected and 'tested' the sensor wires at the roof connector. Confirm if both window lock sensors measure like diodes.

If you start powering the pump not knowing anything about how the EOS system works, you are following the path of bypassing roof protection and all the warnings posted in #11 apply to you. Actually, it's worse because you aren't programming the solenoid valves which you probably don't know about? These are REAL warnings and not just something to scare DIYers away from paying others.

You have a bunch of other faults, some of which may be related. Complex fault like yours may not be a simple fix and any advice or feedback to you could be wrong or misleading without more detail. It works like this: You get asked a bunch of questions some of which to you may seem irrelevant, but to an expert thay are all clues to understanding the problem and to offer advice as to the safest way to move forwards. If you want to jump in and start powering the pump when you haven't got a clue as to how this complex roof system works. Research how much it costs to replace a twisted and leaking EOS roof - It will write off your car. Paying somebody who knows more than you $1000 to solve your problems is a lot cheaper than replacing the roof.

Do you have a workshop manual? I think it would help you to understand the EOS roof system and trying things you don't understand that could cause a lot more damage.

I read workshop manual's and i know how procedure work, but i don't know why claws under rear window are unlocked.... this mean i can't understand this, because when i checked bit's on VCDS they are always unlocked, and i always can lif't up rear window manualy, bit's doesn't change. I push up and push down convertable button, bit's is this same.

i record video for u with C on trunk.

I checked again Roof binary data. Correct is

I have

0​
0​
HS:12​

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
You are too obsessed with computers and not using your basic senses of eyes and ears or just not listening? The computer may say they are locked, but do you understand how 'C' locks work? If the window frame 'C' claws have rolled over to the locked position and are NOT inside the hoop/keep for the frame, the lock sensors are telling the truth but they haven't rolled into the rear frame and pulled it down. But we or I can't be sure the sensors are working and telling the truth and that was an answer to the first question you haven't yet confirmed with a multimeter? I'm not interested in 1's and 0s - you can get either stuck bit state read back with a wiring problem or a bad sensor common ground. You can't do anything yet to make the bit state change and prove the sensors output is truthful (or there's a sensor fault). Once the roof is self checked and operates you should see bits changing according to the vcds video. Then you know all the sensors are ok (for now).

The rear window and trunk LID locks are mechanically linked together without any voodoo electronics or computer involved. When the window frame locks are closed, the trunk LID 'C' locks should be open, but you haven't confirmed either yet or even posted a photo?

If you want to guess at your problem without breaking anything, why not follow the emergency workshop procedure to open/close a roof, well you only need to do the first step of opening the pump valve and operating the lock rams by hand without moving roof segments about. If you manage to get to the stage of OPENING the roof locks, push the window frame down, then close the roof locks according to the procedure for emergency closing a roof. It's all in the manual, you just have to read and do it.

The only time you need a computer is to check and clear any fault codes when you have finished, closed the pump valve and checked you can no longer lift the rear window frame. But you seem to have other issues with trunk locks? After getting the roof segment mechanics right for a closed roof, your EOS could still be a basket case for further faults and surprises.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts