Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone opted for the Service scheme vw do?

I have gone for the fixed cost maintencance one, its costing me £16.20 per month - which I see is hassle free motoring for 3 years.

Anyone else gone for the scheme whats your thoughts on it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Laura,

Thats not something I was offered. All they offered me was payment protection.

I think I might contact my dealer tho, as my mate has a golf and the servicing is expensive compared to others, so, the option of paying my servicing as I go along could be good for me.........less of a dent in the wallet when it does need serviced!!!

That said...........is there not some sort of setting on the car for long service intervals? I.e. the car will tell you when it needs a health check depending on time and mileage? Thats what my pals golf does.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hiya guys

I wasn't offered the servicing thing either, just the payment protection but i am definitely going to speak to them about it before my delivery.

My current polo has long life servicing and your right, it just beeps to let me know when it needs something. Quite good really so might see if they have it for the eos too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The car is suppose to tell you when it is due a service, if you opt for long life this will be a longer period before it is serviced
But that could mean in 2 years your VW wont see a dealer.
They say in my paper work if you do over 12,000 miles per year, then opt for long life.

I do less then 10,000 a year so i went for fixed cost maintenance. This means I get my Eos serviced every year no matter what mileage I do.

Basically this covers me for everything other than tyres.

I had a 1.4 Golf which I had about 2 years ago. It was 2 years old when I sent it in for service. I wanted an oil change on it. They performed the 2
year service they do...They tried to charge me £350 which covered brake fluid and wipers. They wanted approx £65 for brake fliud which they change on every vw at 2 years. I didnt pay for the brake fluid as I stated what I wanted doing. Ended up paying about £280.

So £194.40 for a yearly service isn't quite that bad.

I opted for fixed cost maintenance due to doing low mileage and wanting a service done yearly. Also gives me break down cover for 3 years instead of the only 1yr you get from vw from new, and Im still alittle nervous of that roof. So 3 years was a piece of mind!

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Hiya guys

I wasn't offered the servicing thing either, just the payment protection but i am definitely going to speak to them about it before my delivery.

My current polo has long life servicing and your right, it just beeps to let me know when it needs something. Quite good really so might see if they have it for the eos too.

So how did you manage to order luxury and winter packs when you had leather seats? I tried to order a winter pack because I specially wanted heated washer jets but the order was rejected because there was a conflict: both leather seat option and winter pack contain heated seats so couldn't be ordered in conjunction with each other. I wrote to VW UK to object and they confirmed I couldn't have heated washer jets with leather. I wrote back and they rang me (yes!) to say it was impossible to get around. It even says that in the brochure (at the bottom of the list of options prices)!

It's too late for me of course but I'm intrigued to know how you managed to get round it?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Luxury and Winter packs

This is a conflict that VW are aware of and I was able to get a discount for the cost of the heated seats.

My order was accepted for both Lux and Winter packs but I objected to paying twice for the heated seats. I otained a discount for the difference (if you see what I mean).

Graham

·
Registered
113 Posts
hiya guys,

I went up to my VW dealer today after work and asked them what the deal was with the packs and they assured me that i could have both packs. This must be something that has changed fairly recently though.

Glad you did point this out to me so i could check it though! I would have been devastated to get the car and not get everything i wanted on it!!!

also, does anyone know anything about the twin chrome tailpipes? i saw them on the v6 and they looked nice. my sales guy says they must be standard on all eoses as he cannot see them as an extra. Does anyone know if it is standard on a 2.0 TDI sport.....i didn't think that it was going to be......? Not really many eoses in aberdeen for me to look at to see!

thanks! :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Our A2s (both 1.4 petrol) on about 8-9 k per year ran around 16 months between services. The diesels generally ran longer with higher milage cars reaching 30k on VSI.

Will have to check on the Golf forums to see what the 2.0FSI is achieving on VSI.

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
hiya guys,

I went up to my VW dealer today after work and asked them what the deal was with the packs and they assured me that i could have both packs. This must be something that has changed fairly recently though.

Glad you did point this out to me so i could check it though! I would have been devastated to get the car and not get everything i wanted on it!!!

also, does anyone know anything about the twin chrome tailpipes? i saw them on the v6 and they looked nice. my sales guy says they must be standard on all eoses as he cannot see them as an extra. Does anyone know if it is standard on a 2.0 TDI sport.....i didn't think that it was going to be......? Not really many eoses in aberdeen for me to look at to see!

thanks! :D

Believe the twin pipes are the same on all Eoses from the bottom to the top of the range. They're not chrome though - they seem to be galvanised steel and are hard to shine up. Would much prefer chrome ones!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
113 Posts
hiyia,

yeah that is what i thought! i am going to see my dealer today and see how much they are. They were definitely on the v6 so must be an option.

off to see if i can get a discount on my 2 packs with the heated leather seats too! wish me luck........i think i am going to need it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well guys,

I just looked out the window at my cars bum and it doesn't have shiny twin exhausts! In fact, I can't even see the exhaust on my 2.0 TDI Sport.

:confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know, it's not fair is it?! I really want them but not had a chance to go to vw yet. Am going to call them tomorrow and just see what is happening. They assured me the chrome ones were standard, so in theory...they say I am getting them, they are going to have to fit them on! I think we may be having a bit of a fight here!

I will let you know what i find out though!

·
Registered
27 Posts
So how did you manage to order luxury and winter packs when you had leather seats? I tried to order a winter pack because I specially wanted heated washer jets but the order was rejected because there was a conflict: both leather seat option and winter pack contain heated seats so couldn't be ordered in conjunction with each other. I wrote to VW UK to object and they confirmed I couldn't have heated washer jets with leather. I wrote back and they rang me (yes!) to say it was impossible to get around. It even says that in the brochure (at the bottom of the list of options prices)!

It's too late for me of course but I'm intrigued to know how you managed to get round it?
i had no problem when ordering my eos tdi sport in november - (due march)..went for leather seats..then you could have multipack 1..any two out of lux pack ,winter pack or xenons for £200 reduction but i went for multipack 2 which is all 3 with a reduction of £400 ..ie £935 for all 3 items as some are duplicated in the packs..wasn't told you couldn't have them together although it does seem to suggest that in the brochure..will be interesting to see if it does actually have them when it arrives... actually just been thinking..i've ordered leather which comes with heated seats and i've gone for xenons which come with headlight wash so that only leaves the heated washer jets in the winter pack!! i could have gone for multipack 1..xenons + lux pack for £840. but 1've paid £935 for multipack 2..meaning £95 extra for the heated washers..if it doesn't have them i'll be wanting my £95 back as i wasn't told you couldn't have both..lol :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Lynne,
The twin tailpipes are not standard on the 2.0 TDI Sport, don't know if it is an option or not on the TDI but it is standard on the V6 3.2.

Paul

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Hi Lynne,
The twin tailpipes are not standard on the 2.0 TDI Sport, don't know if it is an option or not on the TDI but it is standard on the V6 3.2.

Paul

Are you sure about that? Thought all Eoses had exactly the same twin pipes, whether TDI, 1.6 FSI, 2.0 FSI, 2.0 T-FSI or 3.2 V6?

They're NOT chrome however, but seem to be galvanised steel and are difficult to shine up.

VW really should have stuck to the ones fitted to the Concept C; someone will offer that as an aftermarket fit sooner or later and they will look really cool.

·
Registered
84 Posts
100% sure, got a 2.0 TDI Sport sitting in my garage and it definitely doesn't have twin tailpipes, in fact you can't see the tailpipe it is concelealed behind the rear bumper.

Paul

·
Registered
84 Posts
neh321,
Just checked out some pics of the Concept C , first time I have seen the rear and I have to agree the exhausts look cool.

Paul

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have twin pipes which are hidden behind the bumper on a TDi. Not many diesels have straight exhaust pipes these days. I believe this is to hide any black clouds, and therefore dispersing them against the road.
As fore the original point of this thread (servicing) I was offered Longlife or 12000 miles. My old GTi Mk5 was thrashed as it should be and reqested a service after 9000 miles. (Play hard Pay hard:D )
RgdS Paj

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hiya guys! thanks for letting me know what tailpipes you got!

It was a v6 that i saw them on but have since seen them on the fsi. Guess I am just going to have to wait and see if mine has! I asked about them and if they were an option but the dealer said no. Oh well.....not too long to wait and see! car is expected on my birthday now that that would be good! :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts