Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2009 Eos Komfort. While we were driving it felt like we had a flat tire. We immediately stopped and checked but no flat. We kept driving and it kept doing it so we took it to the shop. They found that our rear tires were down to the wires on the inside so we replaced them with brand new ones. They also checked everything underneath and said all was solid. We have now driven it for a couple of weeks with no problems until yesterday. On an hour long trip it started doing it again. It is usually after the car is warmed up. It sounds like a flat and the car will shimmy and shake and the steering wheel will jerk to the left a little. We are taking it on a trip of 3000 miles in a few weeks and need this resolved asap. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi there

Did you check the (front) brakes for binding?

Also putting new tyres on won't solve your rear tracking issue. You'll need to get the alignment set up.

Hth

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there

Did you check the (front) brakes for binding?

Also putting new tyres on won't solve your rear tracking issue. You'll need to get the alignment set up.

Hth
We are getting an alignment this week and hoping that is it. We will have them check for brake binding. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I don't think alignment will solve your problem unless the wheels are badly out of true. These cars are usually solid at speed and I would suspect something must be worn or loose to affect steering which is a serious issue? A diagnostics scan would show up an intermittent engine firing problem. Have the technician drive your car when you can demonstrate the problem. They should be much more experienced at homing in on a problem whilst it happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts