Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I really hope everyone is well and keeping safe.

I'm pretty much stuck in Antarctica at the moment and I won't get off until my ship returns to the UK around the 26th of May.

I'm looking for a Smart Top if anyone has one for sale, obviously I'm not at home at the moment but I don't mind paying for it now if you are able to hold onto it and arrange for postage once I'm back in the UK.

Best Regards,

KristLee.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
If you press the remote from a distance and something goes wrong with the roof operation, can you emergency stop the roof mid cycle? Can you see impending doom during a roof operation before something bad happens and abort in time to avoid expensive repairs or a new roof?

Antarctica is the best place to be as long as everybody on your ship is healthy. Read about SS Leviathan

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yes, you can stop the operation by pressing the open/close again or in opposite direction. My problem without the smart top was that there was someting in the forbidden place. And I opened (without smart top) the roof. And it was taking too long for my feeling. So, I took a look at the roof. But when I turned, my finger slipped of the button. I did not see anything wrong. So, I pressed the button again. And then, you know, the hydrolics is put on full power (like all the movements!) and tried to open the roof and it broke. Fortunately, my insurance was good enough to buy another EOS (the did not want to repair the roof).
That is why I really wanted the smart top. I now am looking from the outside what is happening and really can see and check everything, including bad things and stop the operation in stead of looking through the windsheeld seeing nothing.
Stay at home and be healthy for now, sitting out COVID-19.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you can stop the operation by pressing the open/close again or in opposite direction. My problem without the smart top was that there was someting in the forbidden place. And I opened (without smart top) the roof. And it was taking too long for my feeling. So, I took a look at the roof. But when I turned, my finger slipped of the button. I did not see anything wrong. So, I pressed the button again. And then, you know, the hydrolics is put on full power (like all the movements!) and tried to open the roof and it broke. Fortunately, my insurance was good enough to buy another EOS (the did not want to repair the roof).
That is why I really wanted the smart top. I now am looking from the outside what is happening and really can see and check everything, including bad things and stop the operation in stead of looking through the windsheeld seeing nothing.
Stay at home and be healthy for now, sitting out COVID-19.
I've just seen these replies as I received no email notifications, apologies for not responding sooner.

I can't think of any reason why I would be opening the roof from a distance and would only be relatively local to my Eos so I would be able to stop the operation should a problem occur. As Batjes has replied, I think it would be a great solution to be able to open and close the roof whilst standing around it being able to see everything happening instead of having to sit in the drivers seat with my finger on the button not seeing exactly what is (or isn't) happening.

Most of the features that the Smart Top enables I am able to do anyway but it would be nice to be able to lower the roof prior to getting in my Eos.

I've got approximately another 2 months to go before I'm back in the UK so fingers crossed things will be on the up by then, in the meantime please take care of yourself and yours.

Best Regards,

KristLee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts