Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mark, 2012 Rising Blue
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It works fine. I sold the car without it.
See picture.
Asking $200 including shipping within the U.S. +shipping cost if you're outside the U.S.
Please ask if you have any questions or want to make me an offer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi. I have a question. I love the idea of this but I never raise or lower my roof without the car running because the drain on the battery is huge, otherwise. From a battery standpoint, is it not problematic to raise and lower the roof remotely with the car not running? Thanks.

·
490 Posts
Depends upon the battery, in good condition it should be no problem to use the roof without the engine running, if low there will be a MFD warning to use the engine. However since most people have to sit and operate the switch from inside the car the choice is up to you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Depends upon the battery, in good condition it should be no problem to use the roof without the engine running, if low there will be a MFD warning to use the engine. However since most people have to sit and operate the switch from inside the car the choice is up to you.
Yes, agreed.

It shouldn't cause you problems with the battery. I don't think this is meant to be used all the time, just for special (show off) occasions. Personally I think you could have a lot of fun with this surprising the general public/passers by or just plain showing off.:D

The timing of the sale is wrong for me with just buying our car, sprucing her up and Christmas round the corner...Already spent a lot! & the missus would kill me. Otherwise,I would have snapped it up...

Good luck to a buyer & I hope it brings you a lot of fun.:)

Edit -

This has panged my interest...
Stupid question but - I don't see a remote in the picture, how does the smart top operate? and how much did this cost you new?

AL

·
Registered
689 Posts
It works with the remote key of your car in a number of programmable ways.
And it is not just showing off. On hot days you can open the car and get rid of the trapped heat whilst you are outside of the car. Or when taking a break from a ride and it starts to rain, to close the roof remotely (only when you see the car though!) etc, etc.
I really use it a lot!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi all-

I'm still getting to grips with this new (to me) car, the guy who was the original owner had £7000 worth of extras added, how can I tell if this has a "smart roof"

Cheers, Tony.

·
Mark, 2012 Rising Blue
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This SmartTop is still available. BNH1194 and others, if you are interested it would be best to send an email to my gmail.com account which is [email protected]

Note that this has the old style connection, which simply means you have to use two red T-tap quick splices (included).

The installation manual and other info is here- http://www.mods4cars.com/m4cupdate/index.php?q=bWFudWFscy92b2xrc3dhZ2VuL1NUTEZWTjE=

More info is also here-
http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/index.php?p=b3JnYT1zbWFydHRvcCZncm91cD0yJmxhbmc9MiZjdXJyPTI=&action=products&cat=4&mode=view&id=52

As for how to tell if your car already has one installed, look at the directions (link above) and try operating your top without holding the switch (just push it once). You could also look for the module plugged into the harness, in the trunk on the left side behind the carpet (see installation manual, link above).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. :)

I am going to check if ours has it fitted in a bit. If not, I will fit it at a later date.

Thanks again.

AL

·
Registered
234 Posts
To Fly-on-the-wall from barfly-

Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, I tried ours -

1 click unlocks drivers door.
2 clicks unlocks passenger.
3 clicks did nothing.
3 clicks & hold on 3rd click opened windows & put the sunroof back. so we don't have it.

AL

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Well, I tried ours -

1 click unlocks drivers door.
2 clicks unlocks passenger.
3 clicks did nothing.
3 clicks & hold on 3rd click opened windows & put the sunroof back. so we don't have it.

AL

It should also close everything if you just hold the lock button and you can also set it to unlock all doors on one click with vcds. If you have the auto headlamp and wiper function you can set the windows and sunshine roof to close when it rains.

Mick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts