Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....go away I planned on tinkering on my Eos today...

Attachments

·
497 Posts
Just bought our Christmas tree... had to put the roof down to fit it in, fortunately it went back up again for the journey home. brrrrr.. :eek:

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just bought our Christmas tree... had to put the roof down to fit it in, fortunately it went back up again for the journey home. brrrrr.. :eek:
I was surprised to see so much snow, being in a bit of a dip and on the coast Hartlepool doesn’t seem to get heavy snowfalls. Hopefully it won’t last.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I'm waiting for snow to try out wifeys Yeti 4X4. :) EOS has all season tires on, but needs a couple of bags of sand or gravel in the trunk and lowered tire pressures to hold the rear down. If I had the white stuff regularly I'd get a second set of wheels for the EOS and put on snow tires. But the 4x4 is a cheap handy alternative and I've no worries writing off the EOS roof beyond economic repair with a minor shunt in snow.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Oh no! Not a tinker-friendly day at all. Here it's rain rain rain... Not atypical for Vancouver by any means as November is usually our gloom and doom month but this November is especially yucky. Sun arrives in a couple of days for a good long stretch. Looking forward to it. May your snow be short-lived.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm waiting for snow to try out wifeys Yeti 4X4. :) EOS has all season tires on, but needs a couple of bags of sand or gravel in the trunk and lowered tire pressures to hold the rear down. If I had the white stuff regularly I'd get a second set of wheels for the EOS and put on snow tires. But the 4x4 is a cheap handy alternative and I've no worries writing off the EOS roof beyond economic repair with a minor shunt in snow.
I don’t even consider trying to drive my Eos in the snow, I already feel it wouldn’t handle well and would end up in a shunt...only a couple of days ago the roads were wet from rain and it wheelspun around the corner as I was setting off from a junction :eek:

I have a 4x4 too (Santa Fe) but it’s in the Philippines awaiting a new transmission and it’s times like these I really wish that I had it in the UK.

Oh no! Not a tinker-friendly day at all. Here it's rain rain rain... Not atypical for Vancouver by any means as November is usually our gloom and doom month but this November is especially yucky. Sun arrives in a couple of days for a good long stretch. Looking forward to it. May your snow be short-lived.
Thankfully it rained quite sporadically but heavy during the night so all the snow was melted away today and I managed to do some tinkering this morning. I was amazed when I looked inside my Eos this morning as I was expecting the worst but I was pleasantly surprised to find no pools of water or wetness in the cabin and a bone dry spare wheel well with only the carpet on the outside of the drivers seat and footwell damp :) I have a feeling all of the heavy snow as it melted away helped clear my drains but I still took the chance whilst it wasn’t raining to give the drains a blow through with compressed air to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
841 Posts
EOS has all season tires on, but needs a couple of bags of sand or gravel in the trunk and lowered tire pressures to hold the rear down. If I had the white stuff regularly I'd get a second set of wheels for the EOS and put on snow tires.
Just been out in some proper snow (winter tyres on, you need them over here) and it's still pretty tail-happy. It might be good for low-speed pratting about in an empty car park, but not so much for trying to get somewhere on unsalted roads.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just been out in some proper snow (winter tyres on, you need them over here) and it's still pretty tail-happy. It might be good for low-speed pratting about in an empty car park, but not so much for trying to get somewhere on unsalted roads.
The actual thought of trying to drive my Eos in snow or icy roads actually terrifies me. I’m usually at sea during Winter so I haven’t really experienced these weather conditions for driving to be honest :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts