Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this beautiful Lux for my girl going to College and the radio speakers wont work only the twiters. Also the Wipers didn't work. So I was checking the fuses on the Fuse box on the Engine compartment and also on the dash. While the car was running I pulled almost every single fuse to make sure they were ok and put it back.

Before that the car was sunning perfect. After that... I get BRAKE and LIGHTS dash lights blinking and ABS and Stability Solid. And the car is on limp mode and won't drive...

I get the Error code "Network Connection failure"

All fuses are there.

Can anyone help?
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
8,834 Posts
While the car was running I pulled almost every single fuse to make sure they were ok and put it back.
Rule number 1: Take a photo of a fuse box BEFORE removing any fuse to get the right fuses back in the correct place.

It seems strange logic to remove fuses on a complex electronically managed car whilst the engine was running a complex system of controllers each full of electronics and all talking to each other, like a dozen laptops connected together? Would you pull a graphics or any card out of a PC whilst it was powered, or work on a smartphone whilst powered?

The engine fusebox is the main highway source of power to every electrical part and system in the car and isn't a healthy part to mess about with. But you should have noticed they are BIG value fuses? There's only one thing I would suggest you try and that's to disconnect the battery for half an hour, reconnect it and pray something good will happen.

Otherwise, leave it to a pro with diagnostics to dig deeper into what faults may have been inflicted - fingers crossed and Good Luck. Get a diagnostics scan done anyway, because you will have created a lot of fault codes left stored in memory which should be cleared.

· Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
920 Posts
I bought this beautiful Lux for my girl going to College and the radio speakers wont work only the twiters. Also the Wipers didn't work. So I was checking the fuses on the Fuse box on the Engine compartment and also on the dash. While the car was running I pulled almost every single fuse to make sure they were ok and put it back.

Before that the car was sunning perfect. After that... I get BRAKE and LIGHTS dash lights blinking and ABS and Stability Solid. And the car is on limp mode and won't drive...

I get the Error code "Network Connection failure"

All fuses are there.

Can anyone help?
The door speakers and tweeters are fed from the same signal source and are split inside the door. So basically, if the tweeters work and the midbass speakers do not, then the midbass speakers are blown and will require replacement. These are riveted onto the door, so you either remove them and replace with factory speakers or remove them and add aftermarket speakers into the doors or use the old speakers as a mounting platform, cutout the old speaker cone/magnet and install new aftermarket speakers into the mounting platform (this is the route I went)

As for the wipers, randomly pulling fuses isn't the smartest way to go about solving your problem and is most likely the cause of your current error conditions. I would suggest you reference the fuse diagram to determine which fuse is responsible for the wipers and that that specific one. A continuity test and visual inspection of the fuse would be best.

· Registered
8,834 Posts
The door speakers and tweeters are fed from the same signal source and are split inside the door.
That's what I have, but some VW radio system wiring diagrams show the tweeters (treble?) units separately connected via the door connectors to an amplifier? If that is present with an active crossover, tweeters may work but not bass units. It would be unusual for 4 base units to have burned out together? The OP should check there is no sound from the rear bass units?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The door speakers and tweeters are fed from the same signal source and are split inside the door. So basically, if the tweeters work and the midbass speakers do not, then the midbass speakers are blown and will require replacement. These are riveted onto the door, so you either remove them and replace with factory speakers or remove them and add aftermarket speakers into the doors or use the old speakers as a mounting platform, cutout the old speaker cone/magnet and install new aftermarket speakers into the mounting platform (this is the route I went)

As for the wipers, randomly pulling fuses isn't the smartest way to go about solving your problem and is most likely the cause of your current error conditions. I would suggest you reference the fuse diagram to determine which fuse is responsible for the wipers and that that specific one. A continuity test and visual inspection of the fuse would be best.
I really appreciate your reply and guidance. I already confirmed the Wipers fuse is good and has continuity on both legs. The interesting part is neither the wipers nor the windshield washer work.

Do you know where I can find the Wiring diagram for the wipers?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rule number 1: Take a photo of a fuse box BEFORE removing any fuse to get the right fuses back in the correct place.

It seems strange logic to remove fuses on a complex electronically managed car whilst the engine was running a complex system of controllers each full of electronics and all talking to each other, like a dozen laptops connected together? Would you pull a graphics or any card out of a PC whilst it was powered, or work on a smartphone whilst powered?

The engine fusebox is the main highway source of power to every electrical part and system in the car and isn't a healthy part to mess about with. But you should have noticed they are BIG value fuses? There's only one thing I would suggest you try and that's to disconnect the battery for half an hour, reconnect it and pray something good will happen.

Otherwise, leave it to a pro with diagnostics to dig deeper into what faults may have been inflicted - fingers crossed and Good Luck. Get a diagnostics scan done anyway, because you will have created a lot of fault codes left stored in memory which should be cleared.
Thank you very much for your input. Yeah it was a bad idea to pull fuses while the car was running. Lesson learned.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys I finally found a 30 amps fuse blown and when I replaced it my EOS is now running. The speakers and wipers still won't work so I'll have to start testing and searching for each system

· Registered
8,834 Posts
You already discovered the wipers are cut off by a switch when the hood is open. You need to ask yourself what the 30A fuse feeds and why it has blown?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts