Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing the passenger seat this part was found on the carpet. I have looked in vain athe drivers seat to reference where this part belongs.. I have tried to find a parts diagram on the web, been to a garage who may be in the know too. Cant find out where this goes.

Please can someone tell me where on the seat/runners to put this back?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I have something like it metal and shiny side up dropped into the top of the seat rail at the back (drivers side) on the rail nearest the door. It seem to drop into holes and restrict the distance the seat can be moved back, I suspect to avoid crushing passenger legs? Strange because I don't seem to have one on the passenger side, but I've never crushed any legs yet!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have something like it metal and shiny side up dropped into the top of the seat rail at the back (drivers side) on the rail nearest the door. It seem to drop into holes and restrict the distance the seat can be moved back, I suspect to avoid crushing passenger legs? Strange because I don't seem to have one on the passenger side, but I've never crushed any legs yet!

Brilliant, thank you, will get onto that now. I've been scratching my head for hours trying to figure out what its purpose was? Due to the hinge in the middle, and being 'ramped' on one side, and a form of 'stop' on the other I assumed it would be on some form of slider. Just could not match up anywhere where it could sit/fit

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Let me know if you find one on the passenger side. If yes, then I'll assume mine has fallen out like yours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know if you find one on the passenger side. If yes, then I'll assume mine has fallen out like yours.

This one is now fitted, nice n snug, and working. I did not seem to have one on the drivers side, hence why I had no point of refrence. Not a clue why there would only be the one?

Anyway, thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Thanks, that looks like mine. I'll have to look around the carpets for it. Mine only seems to drop in held by gravity, not surprised it comes out?

·
Registered
843 Posts
You'll need @David44 or @Andy tsi eos to help you out on this one, as they put this part back where it should be - I don't have manual seats so wouldn't be able to check. From photos it looks like the plastic part should slide into something - is there a chance that the plastic part could have broken, and that if it were complete it would stay where it should? It's not in the workshop manual, so no clues there either.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Could it be something to do with the seat slide memory. Like when you let someone in the back the seat goes back to where it was before, just a guess

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Whether it's there or not doesn't seem to stop my manual seats from sliding. Here's another idea that occured to me: When you are working at the back on the roof or headlining it's a real pain when you push the backs forward and the seats want to keep sliding back. I cut a couple of wooden blocks to hold each seat forwards, but I'm wondering if these things can drop into holes in the slides further along to do the same thing? If I was looking for utility usefulness, that would be more helpful to me than a friction device. Although it can be quite a surprise of you release the seat lock to adjust it whilst accelerating and that's with a slow diesel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its like a cheese wedge for the seat runner. I have tinkered with the location on the runner so when you tilt the seat forward to get into the rear seats it limits how far back the front seat slides when in the upright position again(before you may adjust with the grab handle under the seat). On the inside of the seat runners one side is grooved/serated, and the other just smooth all along. This gadget just sits located in whatever groove it gets put into manually.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts