Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I’ve got an 06 2.0FSI Eos, Had it for about 3 years now, it’s got all the usual problems leaking A pillar (which I fixed) Leaking boot (Which I think I’ve fixed 🤞) it hardly gets used all nowadays besides the obvious lockdown I got a brand new car in feb so it’s a bit of a project hobby to get it looking tip top so when this all blows over I can sell it on.

I’m not sure if it’s me and the fact that new cars handle so light but the steering seems on the heavy side. I’ve checked and cannot for the life of me find the steering fluid in the ending bay (I know from 07 onwards or so they use an electric power steering unit but I assumed this was still a hydraulic model?) and there’s no lights on the dash to suggest there’s anything wrong with the steering itself anyone had a similar issue?!

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
I would have thought your 06 was like my 07 with an electric power steering rack? The electrics are driven from a computer controller interface and assuming it's working, there's nothing to adjust. It may be worth checking at the dealers to see if there were any firmware updates on the controller module? My 07 seems as I'd expect it but I don't drive a lot of other cars. I remember going from hydraulic to this electric power steering that I had to get used to the way it 'graduates' the feel at the wheel. I.e it feels light around town, but becomes a bit harder on the motorway. Mine is the EOS Sport model and they may have a different algorithm in the controller? Increase the tire pressures 2 psi, I run my tires harder anyway.

The easy way to tell is to disconnect and reconnect the battery. The Steering and ESP warning lights should be lit but go out after driving a 100 yards. Perhaps yours could benefit from this reset 're-calibration'?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts