Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a problem and can’t find any help to on-line therefore I signed up here and hope some of the longtime EOS owners can help me.

The car is 2,0 TFSI from 2007 with 86000km on the clock.
Over the last week or so I have noted a ’electronic ‘clicking noise (sound like a Geiger counter).. coming from front right inside wheel housing. I can see there is a ‘control box’ of some kind located behind the plastic inner fender and I believe the sound is from that box.

I can only hear the noise then the engine is of. I have tried to tune on/off everything but that have no effect on the noise and the noise is there all the time.

Does anyone have any idea what that can be and what to do?

24-10-2012: I found out the ‘control box’ is the anti-theft alarm system horn H8.
Have anyone else had the horn making a small noise all the time??
up-dated, again.. now with more photos

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I have a problem and can’t find any help to on-line therefore I signed up here and hope some of the longtime EOS owners can help me.

The car is 2,0 TFSI from 2007 with 86000km on the clock.
Over the last week or so I have noted a ’electronic ‘clicking noise (sound like a Geiger counter).. coming from front right inside wheel housing. I can see there is a ‘control box’ of some kind located behind the plastic inner fender and I believe the sound is from that box.

I can only hear the noise then the engine is of. I have tried to tune on/off everything but that have no effect on the noise and the noise is there all the time.

Does anyone have any idea what that can be and what to do?

24-10-2012: I found out the ‘control box’ is the anti-theft alarm system horn H8.
Have anyone else had the horn making a small noise all the time??
up-dated, again.. now with more photos

Hi and welcome, you might be the first on this forum with that particular problem. There just may be someone out there who can point you in the right direction, if not there is always your friendly (lol) VDub main dealers.
Mick

·
Super Moderator
2,341 Posts
A good auto electrician or car alarm installer might also be able to help fix the problem - my best guess is water penetration into the enclosure.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sounds like a faulty controller, a clicking is usually a relay switching so maybe just a relay not functioning correctly.

Adam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Latest up-date

Latest up-date
Thanks for the comments.
- There is no water in the horn.

As you can see I have now located and removed the Alarm Horn PN: 1KO 951 605B.
It looks great no trace of water or anything like that.
On the horn it says Ni-MH that means there is a battery inside so my best guess is that the battery have just gone old and can’t hold the power any more.
I will try to open the alarm horn and see if I can replace the battery else I have to buy a new alarm horn, will let you all know.

BTW the car runs fine without the alarm horn, no warnings or lights came on, of cause there is no sound on the alarm for the moment buy I can live with that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
30-10-2012: Last up-date to this post.

I have now opened the Alarm Horn and found the problem, it is pretty clear when you look at the photos below.
It is to broken to be fixed so I have to get a new or another used one. A new is around 100$. So will go for a used one.
That brings up a new problem with the Part numbers…
My part have number 1K0 951 605B but that one is a bit hard to find so my question is can I use a PN with a different letter at the end?

Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts