Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice sunny day, lets get the roof down. The sunroof went up and back, the windows went down, the boot opened. As it was all starting to pack away into the boot I noticed that the sunroof had not fully gone back and had caught on the rear headrests. This seems to have dislodged the sunroof somehow. It sits higher than it should, it will not move only minimally manually or by motor( the motor was pretty hot, but undamaged when removed from situ and tested), and what looks like a slider has fallen out from the mechansm.

The sunroof is stuck. I suppose that to get it working again its best to get to the sunroof itself, remove it and replace the slider guides, and to remove any debris.

This looks like a horrific task. Not taking any chances. Please can someone suggest a decent workshop manual? And also any hints and tips f you had had to do this job before?

Thanks
20200729_201457[1].jpg
20200729_195706[1].jpg

·
Registered
843 Posts
Erwin is VW's official source where you pay for access for a given time period. Alternatively you can try to find a copy of ELSAwin. You might also be lucky and find the relevant pages here or here.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
You will definitely need a manual and a lot of patience. Don't underestimate the complexity of the task. You may also need access to the V.W alignment tool to set up the runner spacing. I bought a VIN specific manual online in pdf format for about 50 smackers. I was lucky and found the tool on Fleabay Germany for 50 Euros. There may be a way to avoid using it but making sure the runners are true to the frame is VIP because they affect friction on the sunroof motor and its nylon gear.

Try this link:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will definitely need a manual and a lot of patience. Don't underestimate the complexity of the task. You may also need access to the V.W alignment tool to set up the runner spacing. I bought a VIN specific manual online in pdf format for about 50 smackers. I was lucky and found the tool on Fleabay Germany for 50 Euros. There may be a way to avoid using it but making sure the runners are true to the frame is VIP because they affect friction on the sunroof motor and its nylon gear.

Try this link:

Thanks for the heads up. Just got in and will make a start sourcing said manual. The roof sunroof glass is stuck in that position moving only an inch or so. The motor runs freely, and as one of the guides has popped off my logic assumes the roof will somehow need to be in the service position so the glass can be slid out once disconnected?

Everything will be very well documented when removing. Not looking forward to this

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Erwin is VW's official source where you pay for access for a given time period. Alternatively you can try to find a copy of ELSAwin. You might also be lucky and find the relevant pages here or here.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried those page suggestions but not got too far. I have some faults that vcds has picked up. Will see if I can link them with any advice gems online.

Is Bentley(and the other manuals) just rebranded Erwin?

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Once you get a manual you can be better informed before posting questions that have probably already been answered if you use the site search? IMHO unless you are good at tricky huge installs on old Windoze OS, don't think an offline install of ELSAWIN will get you a free manual easily. The 600 page or so pdf download is far easier to handle!

Bentley used to be the official (and pricey) source for the EOS manual which is an online download makeover of the V.W workshop manual. They never produced a hard copy version for the EOS like they do for other VAG brands which would have been nice to have. The manuals and diagrams are a bit clunky to use and find your way around. They are not authored for DIYers like Haynes. I think Bentley stopped supporting paid for downloads of the EOS manual?

The OE workshop manual is a generic all years and EOS models manual. The VIN specific version is just an extract from from this with access to the V.W database to look up the VIN specifics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts