Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Blue 2009 EOS Komfort
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a 2009 EOS. after going for a top down drive yesterday I discovered that my sunroof will no longer close. It gets about an inch before encountering a blockage.

After some inspection I realized the top passenger side arm is broken and swings out. the roof will close (although now since messing with it I have to guide the arm to make the connection), but the sunroof track is misaligned.

Also, taking part of the arm trim off (and busting some plastic hooks in the process :cautious:) I discovered pieces of the attached broken part sitting inside.

By having somone apply pressure on the arm to twist it down and towards the vehicle while I manually wind the sunroof I can get it to close a little more, but it's too misaligned to close further. Had to leave it covered with a tarp last night.

Next steps?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Next steps?
Go to a V.W Dealer and see what it would cost for their techs with experience and knowledge to do the repair. If the estimate frightens you, then think there's more to it than you think. Get a workshop manual then learn what a V.W tech. might have to do to dismantle the sunroof and put everything back together aligned correctly with no roof seal leaks. Unfortunately, their workshop procedures are for people with training and don't tell you everything. When you get a damaged part, you don't just replace it, but ask yourself why the damage occurred in the first place and address that problem first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts