Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at an H&R Sport Spring Kit to drop my baby down a wee-bit, along with adding stiffer sway bars and ABT ER-C 18" wheels in the fall. Question is I can't find any information out on any camber or caster issues with the EOS...anyone have some insight?

I have friends who love their H&R springs, and suggested drop is 1.3" front and 1.25" rear , which is about right, but I'm worried that I will not be able to adjust the suspension upon installation for any negative camber.

Thoughts, other spring suggestions? I'm not looking at trying to make her into a canyon carver (never happen), but just lower her down for the wheel gap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also interested in suspension tweaks needed for camber when lowering - did you find anything out? I realize this is a very old post.

·
Registered
88 Posts
suspension mods?

Check out what Helios has done with her 2010 -- Porsche brakes; track sway bars; H&R coil overs; spacers; stainless brake lines; grippy pads; lowered 20mm, track widened 30mm; camber stock; Michelin Pilot Super Sports; factory aero body kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there
Do you have any information if there is any rear shock absorber similar to original 1Q0513045B? EOS 2.0 TDI In Portugal its quite expensive!!
Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All, I've lowered my 2016 Eos with ST X Coilovers from KW. I'm running at about 1.5"+ lower, front and back and enjoying way better handlling on OEM 17" tires. To compensate for lowering, the front strut mounts were changed to HD. Yes, also needed a wheel alignment to compensate for camber repositioning.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Got home the other night with an annoying rattle from the `N/S/R, turned out to be a broken spring. What a good excuse it's now going down 35mm front and rear this Saturday.

Mick

·
Registered
5 Posts
I realise this was years ago now but just wondered if you did drop it 35mm in the end and if you had any scrubbing when driving fast? I've got 19"s on now with the total radius being the same as the 17" factory's wheels were in order to keep my speedo etc accurate. I have a approx 32mm arch gap and want it gone so do I go 30mm or 40mm springs but driveability is the biggest factor. Been asking all over and getting nothing but "buy coilovers" I don't want coilovers. Thanks. ??

Mick[/QUOTE]
Got home the other night with an annoying rattle from the `N/S/R, turned out to be a broken spring. What a good excuse it's now going down 35mm front and rear this Saturday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All, I've lowered my 2016 Eos with ST X Coilovers from KW. I'm running at about 1.5"+ lower, front and back and enjoying way better handlling on OEM 17" tires. To compensate for lowering, the front strut mounts were changed to HD. Yes, also needed a wheel alignment to compensate for camber repositioning.
What was the strut mount brand you got

1 - 9 of 9 Posts