Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Confused!

That looks like a reply to something that has accidentally become standalone, but on the other hand it may be a cryptic comment. So just in case, I would have to respond:

SouthEast, but more NorthEast! :cool:

Paul

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like a reply to something that has accidentally become standalone, but on the other hand it may be a cryptic comment. So just in case, I would have to respond:

SouthEast, but more NorthEast! :cool:

Paul
Not cryptic, just commenting on how Texas is more South Central not Southeast but had to choose an area that was available :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yesterday evening I saw a second Eos in the Woodlands, Texas (far north Houston). It was a black 2.0 Luxury with the light beige leather. Mine is a paprika red 2.0 Luxury with the light beige leather. I did not get a chance to find the driver in the resturant, but it felt good to see that someone else in the Houston area has an Eos.

If anyone in the club was in Kobe's last early evening, let me know.

W

·
Too old to be 'Junior'
7 Posts
I think Texas should be it's own section. So far, I've seen one in Katy, there are two in Kingwood, and I'm in Cypress, all in the Houston area (or surrounding communities).

Not sure where Wanda is, but there is another new member in the Dallas area too.

Andrew? Can we get our own section?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm located in the burbs of Dallas, in Allen TX. There are three EOS on my street. Mine is an 08' Paprika Red, my next door neighbors is a 08' Candy white, and five houses down the street they own a Thunder Blue EOS. Perhaps we should start our own club. Wish Texas had an EOS club of some sorts. I used to belong to a MG club when I had a 75' MGB. It was a lot of fun getting together for car shows and touring rallies.

·
Administrator
2,492 Posts
I'm here in Abilene!! And I agree, we need our own section.

Only when you become a nation in your own right....... Texas just ain't big enough :D:D:D.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Your only saying that silvershadow just because you live on a big island

·
Administrator
2,492 Posts
Your only saying that silvershadow just because you live on a big island

Of course it's the best big island in the world so that helps - we do have some properties that are larger in land area than some European nations :D:D:D.

Our largest property is Anna Creek Station in South Australia which is 24,000 square kilometres [6 million acres] and is bigger than the nation of Israel. It is 8 times bigger than King Ranch in Texas which is 3,000 square kilometres [750,000 acres] in area. The stocking rates are another matter entirely as Anna Creek is a very arid area with poor grazing.

Seriously, I really like Texas especially the rural areas as there are a lot of similarities between their broad-acre ranches and our cattle and sheep stations.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I once kept guinea pigs

·
Administrator
2,492 Posts

Seriously, I really like Texas especially the rural areas as there are a lot of similarities between their broad-acre ranches and our cattle and sheep stations.

I forgot to mention one of their road signs that was evident all over the State in the mid-1970's:

"DRIVE FRIENDLY"

Pity this sign is not used elsewhere in the world
. I hope it is still being used.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just as a quick responce to an old thread, I am a newer owner of an eos...I purchased my first one in April '09. Midnight blue, Lux, only had 7K on it when purchased. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR.... I will eventually be doing the body kit and the works. My hardest part is find the cool things like the EURO lights that blink amber, the euro swithc at a resonable price, and the TIME to work on it all. My BF isn't even allowed to drive it ;) He loves it as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts